Goomburra Valley Campground

Questions, answers, tips and more about camping with pets.

Goomburra Valley Campground

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Have just read in the CAW 4 Update that Goomburra Valley Campground is no longer 'pet friendly'.

However, I just rang GVC and spoke with Debbie, the manager and she tells me this is not true. They have introduced a $30 bond for pets (April 08) and of course you still need to supply evidence of current vaccination.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Goomburra Valley Campground

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:40 pm

When i enquired some months ago they were making a decision as to whether to stay pet friendly or not as they had had some trouble there apparently. I don`t mind a bond really, Toy poodles are hardly distructive. When i stayed at Tenterfield i didn`t pay a bond but i had to sign a document saying that i was soley responsible for damage to people / property.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:54 pm

I totally agree PJ...I have absolutely no issue whatsoever with paying a bond for like you I know I will always get it back.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Troyk » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 pm

gypsylady wrote:Have just read in the CAW 4 Update that Goomburra Valley Campground is no longer 'pet friendly'.

However, I just rang GVC and spoke with Debbie, the manager and she tells me this is not true. They have introduced a $30 bond for pets (April 08) and of course you still need to supply evidence of current vaccination.

Camps 5 is out in a few weeks, tell them to check.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:23 am

I already did that Troy but I imagine it is way too late for that now.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby snake_dr » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Im hoping this it "the" thread for Goomburra Valley Campground so I'll post my feedback from this weekends trip there.

Loved it!

There's been some talk of the owners being a little average but I didnt find that at all. Initially when you sign in they do make sure you know the rules (speed limits etc), but when your taking kids camping I have no problems with them making sure you know that you need to stay within the speed limits etc. And yes they did ask my parents to disable the electric brakes on the caravan, but thats not a big deal.

We camped right on the creek and had a huge area to ourselves, the weather was beautiful and the park is very well looked after. I dont know how the number of toilets and showers would go on a full weekend like easter though, there was a lot of people there when we went, but not to capacity but we had no problems with it.

Not a lot of activities for the kids, pushy riding and that kind of thing. They do have a bull and a cow up the front and the kids loved going to see/feed them. The park operator brought the bull down for a drink/feed at the creek as we were leaving, the kids went nuts!

Few Pics anyway. We will be going back no doubts about it.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/bi ... Goomburra/
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby Wrecksie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:37 pm

This is great to hear snake that you enjoyed it as much as we did last Easter.

As for how the toilets and showers cope during busy periods -- well we had no trouble at all and hardly had to ever wait for a shower as they don't pack the place out during long weekends etc. As previously mentioned we had massive site last year and have got the same again this year and Debbie and Andy are well aware that packing people in and making them wait for the limited amenities just turns people away from coming back. Very good philiosophy in our books.

There was also quite a few dogs there last Easter who were all well behaved and i don't remember hardly hearing any barking or anything from any of them.

We can't wait for Easter -- and hopefully with a little less rain this year please.

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 pm

Well hopefully they keep up the good work...great to see there has been a turn around in attitude.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lisa H » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:08 pm

We recently camped at Goomburra Valley and highly recommend it! After many bad camping experiences in National Parks, including nights where we have packed up and gone home due to loud music and drunken behaviour, we headed to Goomburra Vally Campground.

We love camping in National Parks however they seem to be a haven these days for a small minority who have no respect for other people's enjoyment. If I wanted to listen to thumping dance music I would head to a nightclub!

I cannot speak highly enough of the hosts. The rules were made very clear to us in a helpful brochure (nothing alarming anyway - all very common sense!), the facilities were immaculate, and our stay was peaceful and enjoyable. A small bond was paid for our dog which was refunded upon our departure. But he is a good boy, so we have never had a problem paying a bond for him anyway.

A beautiful part of the world and we cannot wait to return for another relaxing, enjoyable stay! It was a great place to curl up with a good book in front of the campfire and unwind for a few days.
Lisa H

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 pm

You are right....it is a lovely part of the world and you are one of the lucky ones in your dealings with GVC Lisa.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping with Pets