Pictures of your camp sites

OK so this is your home away from home right. So lets share a few of these tips and (secrets) of a great camping site.

Re: Pictures of your camp sites

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:12 pm

doakley wrote:We have just put a deposit on a camper trailer so our very much loved tent is up for sale.. anyone interested........ :)

What sort of tent is it??
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:17 pm

What sort of camper are you getting???

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby jellycamp » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 pm

This is such a fantastic post. It is great to see everyone's set ups. I have gotten so many cool ideas.

Thanks again everyone!!
Life is meant to be simple!
jellycamp
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:58 pm

There are a few good threads like this one....I always liked the one about which toaster to buy......

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby doakley » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Derek wrote:
doakley wrote:We have just put a deposit on a camper trailer so our very much loved tent is up for sale.. anyone interested........ :)

What sort of tent is it??

Black Wolf TURBO LITE TWIN 300 (http://www.blackwolf.com.au/turbo-lite/turbo-lite-twin/ ) we have only had it less than 12mths and used it about 6times. In hindsight, we should have bought the camper trailer instead of the tent :oops: . Is a great tent that is super easy and quick to put up and down.

gypsylady wrote:What sort of camper are you getting???

We looked at many camper trailers and decided we LOVED Johnnos campers and Outback campers but couldnt afford to buy them new. We have been looking for a 2nd hand one but of course nothing we like has come up (or in our price range!!). We found a company at the Camping show in Brissy recently called ModCon Campers who make their own trailers and campers BUT who also have a budget package of an aluminium trailer (super light) with oztrail12 camper top for less than the 2nd hand ones we were looking at. Did some research and found the company to be highly regarded and nothing really that bad about the oztrail camper tops so that's the one we are getting. We dont have a 4wd vehicle so need an exceptionally light set up. The only negative comments we got were that it lets in dust and the base board (marine ply) breaking when taking it 4wd driving - so no problem for us!!!

For our needs I dont think we can go wrong with our choice. I still would have loved a Johnnos, but they are not really suitable to our current situation.

PS. Thankyou to everyone on this wonderful forum!! It has been an invaluable resource for me is looking for camping spots and equipment. You are a wonderful bunch of people! :+ You quite literally :?# !!
doakley
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:15 pm

I have a ModCon camper, a hard floor custom built one......I have not seen the new low budget ones they are doing but Kerry Jones does a pretty good trailer.

I have seen the Oztrail camper top on another brand of camper & it looked very good. I am sure you will be very happy with it doakley.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby YouAndI » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:49 pm

ORCC-Eleven Point River Float/Camp Trip

Well we had a great time floating and camping on the Eleven Point River (Mark Twain National Forest). The first night we camped on a gravel bar, perfect spot. When we were setting up camp, Chris (My Wife) noticed in a tree on top of a hill across from us was a large bird. We couldn't tell what kind of a bird it was other than it being a large bird. Chris decided to get her camera and see if she could zoom in and tell what it was, here it was an American Bald Eagle. The Eagle stayed all evening with us watching everything we were doing. As evening set in, the fog came rolling up river and combined with a great sunset made for a Kodak moment. The next morning, we were up as usual at 5:00 AM only to be greeted by the Eagle once again. The Eagle stayed with us until about 10:00 AM only to fly off, when we were packing up ready to head down the river. We floated pass the Irish Wilderness Area, a few years back Chris and I backpacked this area and camped right next to where Bliss Springs flows into the Eleven Point river, this is the section of river where we had wade fished and I caught an 18" Rainbow Trout "Good Times". We headed down the river in search of our next camp spot, we stayed the next night at Green Briar Float Camp (Mark Twain River Float Camp). Beautiful site, huge trees, even a picnic table and fire ring. Set up camp, had dinner and a nice camp fire. The fire flies (Lightening bugs) were out in full force that night, just a flickering. We turned in for the night, Chelsie (Camp Dog) was exhausted, this being her 4th camp/canoe float this year and she is doing great. About 4:00 AM nature called and Chris and I took a short walk from our tent, now for those who have camped in the National Forest you know its dark out in those woods at night "Real Dark" and you should always have a good light source. We use head lamps, they have about a 30 Ft. wide beam of light and a 50ft. distance beam. Chris walks to the right of me and as she does I happen to look straight ahead into the woods, here to my surprise was a Mountain Lion lurking in the woods about 30 ft. in front of us coming from Chris's direction headed my way. I guess when Chris walked to the right of me it startled the cat and was cutting to left toward me. I only got to see the cat for a couple of seconds, as it moved into the darkness of the woods. As much as Chris and I have camp in wilderness areas, this is the first time I have ever seen one in the wild. The next morning, we packed up for the last day and headed down the river. About a 1/4 of a mile down stream passed Boze Mill on our left, we came to a water fall with fast moving water. The water fall is a ledge in the river with about a 3 ft. drop, plenty of water flowing and boulders. We hit the "V" in the current just right and went through the falls without a hitch. Water came pouring over the front of the canoe splashing Chris and Chelsie (Camp Dog).

Image Image ... Image "Yippee"

A little further down the river was our take out point Riverton Access. It was a beautiful 20 mile float, even though the temperature was in the high 90's, with the water being 52 degrees all year round it made for a great time. One of the best float trips we've been on!

Click Here: Slideshow

Click Here: Mountain Lions In Missouri
Alan & Christine
Jeep & Tentrax AT Off Road Camper
Webshots: Click Here

YouAndI
Camping King

Postby YouAndI » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:16 am

ORCC Sunburst Campout & Canoe/Kayak Float Trip

I want to thank Phil & Tammy (outdoorXman) for planning a great trip once again.
We all had a great time camping and floating.

Chris & I (YouAndI) & Rick & Kathy (Jeepin) set up on Thursday, the rest of the group
came down on Friday. Friday morning before everyone else arrived, Rick & Kathy and
Chris & I went over to Dawt Mill. Now if you have never been over to Dawt Mill, you need
to put it on your list of places to go in Missouri. We went swimming and took a lot of
pictures for everyone to see.

Click Here: Dawt Mill slide show By Chris (YouAndI)

Saturday Morning was an early call, we and our gear were loaded up and on our way
at 6:45 A.M. headed for Hammond Camp to float the North fork of the White River.
With the warm air, the mist & fog from the springs (Cold Water) it made for a fantastic
float trip. In our group we had 3 canoes and 4 kayaks. This is with out a doubt, one
of the prettiest rivers to float.

Click Here: North fork/White River slide show by Rick (Jeepin)

Saturday afternoon/night we all got back to camp for a pot luck dinner.

Good Friends & Great Food!

Click Here: Saturday Afternoon/Night slide show by Chris (YouAndI)

Sunday morning, most everyone was getting ready to head home except Phil & Tammy
(OutdoorXman) and Chris & I (YouAndI). We decided to stay another night. Sunday was
beautiful, we took a little road trip to check out next years North fork camp location and
to visit Hodgson Mill. After the road trip we headed back to camp for a little tubing, from
the upper end of the campground down to the lower end. We made that trip twice and
did it feel great. Spent the rest of the evening watching a movie (The River Runs Through It)
outside under the stars, Phil set up his lap top computer with external speakers and it worked
fantastic. "Good Job Phil"

Click Here: Sundays Road Trip slide show by Chris (YouAndI)

Thank You once again Phil & Tammy
for planning a great campout and float!
Alan & Christine

YouAndI
Camping King

Postby YouAndI » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 am

ORCC Red Bluff Campout - Missouri, USA

We had such a great weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves. We camped on the
Pines Overlook Camp Loop at Red Bluff Recreation Area (Mark Twain National Forest),
along the Huzzah Valley. There are only three campsites on this loop. This has to be
the most beautiful campsite we have ever camped at. It is definitely our new favorite
places to camp. The view we had from our campsite was spectacular. There are towering
Bluff all along the Huzzah Creek. Red Bluff, also known as 'painted rock' named by the
Osage Indian' gets it name because of the reddish color from the iron compounds in the
massive rock structure that are being oxidized by exposure to air and moisture. These bluff
are quite beautiful, a rare gem of the Ozark area. We had a great view of the moon rising
every evening and the sunrise every morning. Saw a few meteorites too. We tried to find a
hidden rock formation called 'Davisville Natural Arch' on a unmarked path. So, we tried to
bushwhack our way toward the arch, with Chelsie on a lead, we were unsuccessful. Oh darn,
just have to go back and camp, to find it at a later date. What hardships! I think a Fall camping
trip to Red Bluff is a must do. At that time, we need to take the two-mile trail up to the top of
Red Bluff. On Saturday afternoon, we went to Dillard Mill State Historic Site. It's about a
20 minute drive south from Red Bluff. Dillard Mill is also along the Huzzah Creek and is really
interesting place to visit. Took a lot of pictures, this weekend, hope you enjoy them. :)

Click Here: Slide Show
Alan & Christine

YouAndI
Camping King

Postby YouAndI » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 pm

ORCC/GLPUC Balloon Fest Campout

All I can say, "What A Great Weekend!" Thanks Mike & Laura for planning this outting.
You guys did a great job. The weather was wonderful. It was good to see everybody and
to meet everybody else. We had thirteen campsites and 35 people, great group of people
to spend the weekend with. Thanks everybody!

I took alot of pictures. Couldn't resist all the beautiful sunsets. There are pictures from the
Centralia Festival & Balloon Glow. Some of the Potluck Dinner and everyone's campsite.
Hope you enjoy them.

Here are some of Jeepin's pictures from the Car Show, Potluck Dinner & Balloon Glow.
Again enjoy.

http://www.offroadcampingclub.com
Alan & Christine

YouAndI
Camping King

Postby dea » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:58 pm

if you are on look out for a camper trailer try madaboutcampers.com.au
they are located on gold coast .. we just got one its great .. has the oztrail 12ft tent on it .. love love love it ...semi of road trailer & my dad made the kicthen ...

its our second home now
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby dea » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:37 pm

this is my camper & my hand made kitchen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby YouAndI » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:55 am

Dea,

Great set up, very nice kitchen unit too! ;)

Alan
Alan & Christine

YouAndI
Camping King

Postby dea » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:18 pm

thanks .. we love it .. my dad made the kitchen for us .. its the best thing .. saves so much ....

happy camping
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Woodsy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:33 pm

You have probably seen this before but thought i would put it up here anyway. Took around an hour to put the tent and fly up. Has withstood gale force winds and rain. Runs 3 metal poles to support it length ways and has the 3 legs at both ends and a small frame inside the tent in the centre to support the lot.

The tent doesn't have a fly so we use the big tarp which is supported by the tent in the middle and has the poles all around to support the sides, front and back. Not really liking the tent supporting the tarp but there is nothing i can do about it unless i run a ridge pole and run the tarp 8ft off the ground. We have not had to use the pole setup in the rain yet... Kind of hope we don't have to.

The mozzie netting will be a welcome add on in summer to help keep the bugs at bay but is easily removed as its only held on by small clamps. Not to sure what else we can do to improve it apart from maybe make a nylon fly to suit it.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

PreviousNext

Return to Show Us Your Campsite