Gordon Country Sept '10

OK so this is your home away from home right. So lets share a few of these tips and (secrets) of a great camping site.

Re: Gordon Country Sept '10

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 pm

donnao wrote:We are self sufficient (toilets and shower/bucket bath for kids) so the facilities dont really bother us at all.

We loved our stay at GC but respect that it is not for everyone.
:grin:

I still can't get over the disgusting state of the shower cubicles and the shower curtains.....they were so filthy they could stand up on their own...didn't need to be hung.

Both shower heads (ladies) were leaking...one was held together with gaffer tape but still had water spurting everwhere.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Tahlee R » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 am

Have to agree with you re the shower curtains and cubicles GypsyL. For $11 a night, you'd think that the facilities would be cleaner than that.
Tahlee R
Captain Camping

Postby stevo. » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:28 am

Well atleast you're not bitter gyspy :***
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:23 pm

stevo. wrote:Well atleast you're not bitter gyspy :***

No....but maybe a little 'twisted' Steve......lol
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby donnao » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Chicky Babe wrote:
donnao wrote:we have 3 children, the other two families had 3 and 2 kids. GC dont charge for kids, this makes it a LOT cheaper for us to stay for a week. Other campgrounds (Neurum comes to mind) charge for each child + the dog too! Way tooo expensive for our limited budget.

Is this new Donnao?... was it at a reduced rate for the week...did you still pay $11 a night for adeults..they have always charged for kids b4...if that is the case that's great news for our group as most of the time we only have the one parent... :+

We stayed a week so I think it is cheaper if you stay longer. $9/adult /night. I havent been before so i dont know if it is usual for them not to charge for the kids?? The kids are aged 3 & 5yrs so maybe they dont charge for 5 and under??
donnao

Postby Chicky Babe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks...children 4 and under have always been free, knew about the cheaper rate for longer stays...I just thought they might have had a price change since July...thought it was too good to be true...it doesn't bother me being a family of 2 but the other families all have at least 3 to 6 kids :( - silly people!!! :lol:
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Previous

Return to Show Us Your Campsite