Oztrail Tents

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Oztrail Tents

Postby Tadge » Tue May 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Good Day All,

Went out camping on the weekend at Lake Bennet with the other half who is not the worlds most comfortable camper. Unfortunatley the midges made their presence felt on both nights. Now she is not keen go camping in a hurry again!!
I presently have an Oztrail 4v, which has served us well for the last 4 years.
I am now looking to upgrade tents to one with a screen room for insect protection.
I have done the rounds at all of Darwins TWO camping stores and Im trying to decide between the Oztrail Chalet 6 and the Commune Combo.
Unfortunatley both stores are reluctant to put both of them up for me to make a decision :$
My question is, does the Commune Combo have weather protection in the screen room? It has a fly but it only seems to cover part of the screen room. The Chalet 6 has protection but you miss out on a bit of area in the screen room due to its construction.
Has anyone had any experience with either of these tents?
The last tent we got, the camping store (in QLD) had no problems putting it up for us to see, its a shame we cant get that service up here!!!
Cheers and thanks in advance,
Tadge
Tadge

Postby Tadge » Mon May 07, 2007 7:40 pm

Anyone?
Tadge

Postby elmack » Mon May 07, 2007 8:46 pm

Hi Tadge,

I don't have direct experience with either of these tents but was really interested in the Commune tents due to being able to add on if needed or just take one tent for short stays.

I was just thinking maybe you could email some online camping stores like sherryscamping and tentstore (there's heaps more) to see whether they could tell you more about the set up. You'd hope they could seeing as they sell them!

I think the weather protection is really important because if it does rain then everything in the screen section will get wet or have to be moved and also if it's windy things can get blown over.

Shame your local camping stores are so reluctant, maybe play one off the other, or make them call Oztrail and get more detailed photos emailed etc...

Good luck!
elmack

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon May 07, 2007 10:17 pm

Oztrail will probably have a web site that can give more details :)
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Gear Guide