Coffee Pot?

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Coffee Pot?

Postby paps » Sun May 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Hi all,

My wife bought a coffee ot from BCF,,,why? "Because it looks good!" go figure.....Anyway it has a aluminum rod in the middle with a cyclinder that sits up the top that you fill with coffee. Just wondering how you use it. Has anyone used one of these??

Other than looking good I am hoping it makes a good coffee

Cheers
Ben
paps
Camping King

Postby Komodo@home » Mon May 28, 2007 12:33 am

Ben any chance yopu can get a photo of it?

Dad has a facination with coffee making devices and as such has about 10 or so coffee making devices so I might be able to point you in the right dirrection if you can confirm what it lookks like
Komodo@home
Captain Camping

Coffee Pot

Postby paps » Tue May 29, 2007 12:03 am

Thanks Komodo,

I will post a picture for you. We got it sorted and it actually makes a damn good coffee.

Not sure what you call them but you put ground coffee in the top compartment and water in the bottom. When the water boils it pushes steam and water up a pipe that runs up the middle. The water then drips through the top compartment and back into the bottom again.

It took about 20 minutes of boiling to get a strong coffee but it was good. I will post a pic shortly.

Cheers
Ben
paps
Camping King

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue May 29, 2007 7:46 am

It's an old fashioned coffee percolator. My dad had one years ago and I have one made by Coleman.

However for that espresso, latte opr capuccino when you are out in the bush, check one of these out. Price is a bit high but looks good. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Stovetop-Espress ... dZViewItem

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue May 29, 2007 7:57 am

Just had a further look and these little babies retail for around $160.00 so the ebay one is a bargain. https://www.blisscoffee.com.au/ProductL ... ne%20Other

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Komodo » Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 am

Does it look like this?

They're pretty easy to use. Make a good creamy coffee but can leave it a little tart by burning the grind slightly. Over all a very good machine - especially for making stronger coffee ;)

Derek we have one of those coffee machines too. Good Machine - just a little high on the maintenance because of all the seals - good if your using it all the time though! and that E-Bay one is CHEAP CHEAP!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Cofee Pot

Postby paps » Tue May 29, 2007 10:55 am

Nope...nothng like that one. Its looks like an old pot. Will see what I can do for a photo. Its cheap and nasty at about $30 but makes a good coffee.

Thanks
Ben
paps
Camping King

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue May 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Here is a photo of my coffee pot. About 12 yerars old and as good as new. What I like about it is the stainless steel rim that stops the enamel chipping.

Derek

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Coffee Pot

Postby paps » Wed May 30, 2007 12:02 am

Thanks Derek. Thats the one we have. Almost identicle and we only bought it a week ago. :lol: Actually, yours is probably in better nick as my 2 year old boy got to ours.

Any trade secrets with making the perfect coffee with it?

Cheers
Ben
paps
Camping King

Postby Komodo » Wed May 30, 2007 12:11 pm

Hehe they are actually they same essentially - its just the asthetics that are different!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed May 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Komodo wrote:Hehe they are actually they same essentially - its just the asthetics that are different!

Not the same actually. I have one of each.

Yours makes an espresso coffee and works under pressure wheras mine works by the water dripping through the grounds.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Komodo@home » Wed May 30, 2007 8:31 pm

Yeah Just noticed the photo that I posted is actually an espresso one (has a relief valve on the side of the bottom chamber) oops.
Komodo@home
Captain Camping

Return to Gear Guide