Treatment for Mould/Mildew on CT canvas

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Treatment for Mould/Mildew on CT canvas

Postby s4j » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:57 pm

I've done a search on the forum and can't find enough opinions on what to do.....Opened up the CT this weekend to find a light coloured mould/mildew on the walls on one side....inside and outside of the same wall....now we always set her up at home after each trip and make sure we don't pack her up unless completely dry......so we can't be sure what caused this.....I do keep one of the damp rid Hippo things in the kitchen sink and have always done so.....
I've even googled treatments and have gotten lots of bleach tips...but worried this will affect the canvas...particularly since the affected area is Navy blue....some have suggested vinegar solutions....but none gave enough detail as to rinsing etc.....I've tried brushing it off but still have the light dust marks....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks in advance
s4j
Camping King

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:44 pm

s4j try this forum campertrailers.org i remember they had quite a lot of info about this.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby s4j » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks freerocketman1....I'll take a look......
s4j
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:45 pm

From memory the best thing is to set up the CT and klet the sun get on it. Try to keep it set up for as long as you can and the midlew can be brushed away.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Gear Guide