Waeco Coolfun CK - 40

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Waeco Coolfun CK - 40

Postby Keeks » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:56 am

Hi guys,
Would like some opinions on the above which is retailing for $299 .
It is only on 240V AC which is not an issue since we would always have a powered site. And we would be shopping cold stuff once we reached our destination. Specs say Cooling capacity up to 47'C below ambient and the refrigeration temperature is continuously variable from +10'C to -15"C.

I have no idea what i should be looking for in a fridge.

What i need it for... to keep my fridge foodstuff eg. milk, butter, cheese, drinks and meats cold and not wet (as what was happening with the esky and the ice). A smaller esky will be used to keep the drinks cold.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Keeks
Keeks
Camping King

Postby garbage » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:02 pm

If you're always at powered sites, have you considered just getting a bar fridge?
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby Keeks » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:39 pm

garbage wrote:If you're always at powered sites, have you considered just getting a bar fridge?

Yes but space is an issue at the moment and they are much bigger than this unit.

Keeks
Keeks
Camping King

Coolers

Postby Activity_Dept » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:27 am

Hi Keeks,

Note your not getting much feedback on this one; I think a few are getting away on an early break. Try a search on cooler as there has been quite a few comments made in the past on them, not sure how relevant but you may find something helpful. So click 'link below' or search in top menu and type in cooler in top searh field.

search.php?mode=results

:beer
The admin guy.
Discover Camping
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Kramer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:35 am

They will be good, I had to make sure it had a compressor in it which it has the main downfall is its small size and 240V only. Waeco is a proven brand, not my favourite but they do what they are supposed to do and if anything has gone wrong they seem to have some good after sales service.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby sads » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:30 am

Keeks, if you are still in the market, i have this model which will happily sell for $120. Great condition and runs off both 12v and 240 with waeco mobitronic power adapter
sads

Return to Gear Guide