KMart - 25% off Camping and Fishing Gear

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Postby CCC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:04 pm

gypsylady wrote:That is GREAT, thanks a heap. Interesting to see how few of your own posts that you as the author can delete. Also curious as to why specific headings have been chosen and not others??

And you are right, it is only under the Alerts header that you are unable to delete/edit your own posts.

Thanks again CCC

your most welcome
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:59 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:I dont think your've ran your site past us Michael... is it something to do with camping ? I wouldnt mind having a peek

Sorry can't do, it is only available on our LAN it is a forum for our techs to look up tech memo's on the products we sell/service, our warranty manager asked me to set it up so all the techs could exchange info etc.

Whenever a product bulletin comes in I post it under that particular manufacturre etc, it has been up for about 12 mths but as I said only a couple of techs look at it, it is used as a reference source for memos etc, I also have a database of repair manuals etc on my intranet which they use almost every day.

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 am

Central Coast Campers wrote:I dont think your've ran your site past us Michael... is it something to do with camping ? I wouldnt mind having a peek

Me too please, if that is acceptable and I am not treading on any toes.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:38 am

cokebottle wrote:Sorry can't do, it is only available on our LAN
Michael

It is not accessible from outside our private network, besides it is boring anyway, just a heap of memos & technical solutions from different manufactures with nothing remotley related to camping, it was supposed to stimulate interaction between our technicians ie: when they find a common problem with a product instead of keeping it to themselves they raise a posting on the forum.

Well that was the idea when we came up with the idea because when we started at our new location we merged 3 service sites into one & the techs would not even talk to each other :?

We got the idea from one of the manufactures we have who has a nation wide forum for other agents to ask & give tips on that product, but as I said our forum has not really taken off, I am the moderator/site admin/only poster, so I post memo's & other stuff that is not on an official bulletin etc I know only 1 or 2 techs use it, but only as guests

::() off topic alert ::() oh well the Kmart sale is over after all :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:56 am

cokebottle wrote:[
It is not accessible from outside our private network, besides it is boring anyway, just a heap of memos & technical solutions from different manufactures with nothing remotley related to camping, it was supposed to stimulate interaction between our technicians ie: when they find a common problem with a product instead of keeping it to themselves they raise a posting on the forum.

Well that was the idea when we came up with the idea because when we started at our new location we merged 3 service sites into one & the techs would not even talk to each other :?

We got the idea from one of the manufactures we have who has a nation wide forum for other agents to ask & give tips on that product, but as I said our forum has not really taken off, I am the moderator/site admin/only poster, so I post memo's & other stuff that is not on an official bulletin etc I know only 1 or 2 techs use it, but only as guests

::() off topic alert ::() oh well the Kmart sale is over after all :***

Michael

Thanks for the explanation Michael.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CCC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:52 am

cokebottle wrote:

Sorry can't do, it is only available on our LAN it is a forum for our techs to look up tech memo's on the products we sell/service, our warranty manager asked me to set it up so all the techs could exchange info etc.

Whenever a product bulletin comes in I post it under that particular manufacturre etc, it has been up for about 12 mths but as I said only a couple of techs look at it, it is used as a reference source for memos etc, I also have a database of repair manuals etc on my intranet which they use almost every day.

Michael

Thats cool Michael, thought it may have been a public forum 8)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Gear Guide