Piranha Dual Battery Isolator Broken & Fixed

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Piranha Dual Battery Isolator Broken & Fixed

Postby embi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:43 am

We just recently spent 2.5 weeks in Tassie. On our last week I noticed the fridge wasnt working and thought it was a fridge issue. I plugged it into 240 and all was good so I checked the battery. It was only a week old and shouldn't have an issue. With a few checks on things we realised it was the battery isolator. I was pretty peeved to say the least.

The next morning I rang Piranha HQ in melb and was told straight away a phone number for the Piranha stockist in Devonport.

I was in Launceston so not too far away.

The girl from HQ said no probs they'll look at it and if they cant fix it they'd replace it under warranty. I had no docs with me and they didnt even ask when I had bought it.

So a call to Devonport and the guy said it was to far for me to drive and he would organise ARB in Launceston to do the job. 15 mins later I was at ARB with a new unit ready to go in. He did the job the next day because he was booked solid.

My experience with all 3 of the people I spoke to was outstanding. Piranha for organising the new upgraded model (with a new 5yr warranty) fully installed free of charge.

The guy at Devonport for saving me the trip and the guy at ARB in Launceston for fitting me in even though he was flat out.

Would I recommend piranha??? Bloody Oath....the customer service is second to none.
embi
Camping King

Re: Piranha Dual Battery Isolator Broken & Fixed

Postby Teabag » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:58 am

That's good to know as I have two under the bonnet. One to charge the second battery and the second to control charging the 6 x AGM Batteries in the Kimberley Kamper. It's good to know that there is still some good service still out there....Thanks for sharing your experience....
2006 GU4 4.2TDi Patrol with 2005 Limited Edition Kimberley Kamper and plenty of goodies.

http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/shed/index.php?id=1003
Teabag
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:18 pm

embi wrote:
The guy at Devonport for saving me the trip and the guy at ARB in Launceston for fitting me in even though he was flat out.

Would I recommend piranha??? Bloody Oath....the customer service is second to none.

Isn't it great to hear a 'good service' story for a change, they are definitely far and few between these days.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Good to here.
Personally havent used the pirhanha (I use and recomend the Redarc - but hey at the end of the day its personal preferance. Im also looking at the ARRID twin charge units they look to be the bees knees!)

But its always good to here of a product that is well backed up buy its manufacturer and suppliers.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cruiser » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:05 am

gypsylady wrote:
embi wrote:

Isn't it great to hear a 'good service' story for a change, they are definitely far and few between these days.

yes not to many with happy ending's these day's,Good to hear of one with a great result
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby steve80 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:07 pm

I agree I had a piranha 150 dbs in my vehicle when I bought it and a few months back had no power in my Aux batt turns out the solonoid was not working so I rung piranha to see if they could look at it for me and they did and said they would replace it under warranty (I opted to upgrade to the 180 to run 2 Aux's) and all this being done with no paperwork I dont care what anyone say's that is service not too many business will do that for you They get the big thumbs up from me.Would use and recomend them anytime!
steve80
Captain Camping

Return to Gear Guide