Customer service

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Customer service

Postby steve&Kate » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:21 pm

I had posted this earlier on Derek's site but thought I may post it here as well.

Hi All,

Just thought I tell you all about how great Oztrail is in regards to customer service.

I would not hesitate to recommend Oztrail to anyone looking at purchasing one of their products.

About 10 months ago we puchased an Oztrail delux Gazebo with a wall and screen, these were purchased from BCF.

We really only use it when camping, when we were away last week we tried to put the walls up but notice that one side of the canopy did not have any velcro to attach the wall too.

I emailed Oztrail on Saturday morning telling them my problem also that one of the clips on the legs was a bit sticky and took a little bit of fibbling to get it to catch, I mentioned that I did not have the receipt anymore and what could they do for me.

Going into my emails on Sunday morning notice I had received an email from Chris at Oztrail 12.30pm Saturday afternoon, I rang him yesterday morning he advised that if I took the canopy back to BCF he would get them to change if for me, he is also sending me a new clip through the mail to fix the dicky leg.

How is that for service, send an email on Saturday, have the replacement by Sunday, have you every heard of service like this over a weekend and the clip for the leg is the mail, all without proof of purchase.

Three cheers for Oztrail

Cheers
steve&Kate
Camping King

Re: Customer service

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm

This sort of service would certainly ensure you would buy their product again in future.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby teabags » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:20 pm

I wont accept bad service quietly. If someone gives me the run-around I will tell (warn) others about it.
To be fair, when I get exceptional service I like to tell people as well.
Based on your experience I will be pleased to support this brand in future. Thanks for the info.
cheers
Alan
teabags

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:22 am

I agree good service certainly needs to be shared about just as well as the lack of service.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Jo&Kev » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:03 am

Always great to hear of good service. We use a fair bit of OzTrail gear (stove, sleeping bag, etc) so it is even better news for us!
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Postby KnP » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm

what fantastic service, thanks for sharing the info :D
Where there is a will, there is a way!

Kate n Pete
KnP
Boy Scout

Postby steve&Kate » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Jo & Kev,

We also have alot of Oztrail gear, our sleeping bags are unreal they have 4 layers and whatever the weather you can be comfortable, 1 layer above for summer 3 layers below or 3 layers above for winter and 1 layer below, best sleeping bag system we have ever found, 1 bag for all seasons.

I have also just purchased their Mega Ensuite http://www.oztrail.com.au/ensuites/MPE-ENM-B.php they are expensive but I am also lazy when it comes to all the gear we have to put together, if it makes it easy so be it.

Jo&Kev wrote:Always great to hear of good service. We use a fair bit of OzTrail gear (stove, sleeping bag, etc) so it is even better news for us!

Cheers
Kate
steve&Kate
Camping King

Return to Gear Guide