Cobb versus Baby Q

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Cobb versus Baby Q

Postby edwardseddie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:13 pm

We like a roast, the Cobb is on special at BCF atm anyone ave any thoughts?
edwardseddie

Re: Cobb versus Baby Q

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:11 pm

edwardseddie wrote:We like a roast, the Cobb is on special at BCF atm anyone ave any thoughts?

Just be careful buying "cheap" Cobb Ovens. Below is from Cobb and I have confirmed it's authenticity. I am not sure though if the "specials" at BCF fall into the same category.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM COBB INTERNATIONAL AND COBB AUSTRALIA.

If you have purchased a Cobb from an Anaconda store recently, it is likely that it is a
black market item and is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.

Anaconda have imported Cobbs from an illegitimate source. It cannot yet be determined whether or not these are genuine Cobbs. They ARE NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.

If you purchased a Cobb from Anaconda, Cobb International and Cobb Australia suggest that you return the item to Anaconda and demand a full refund, even if you have used it.

Call Cobb Australia on 1300 852 611. We will supply a Cobb for the same price that you paid Anaconda and deliver it to you at our expense. Obviously, it will carry our 2-year warranty.

Many Thanks,
Cobb International & Cobb Australia & NZ
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Re: Cobb versus Baby Q

Postby camptrailer » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 pm

hi all
I have not had any experience with a cobb but I do alot of roasting in a weber baby Q or the charcoal weber if you cook with the baby Q the roasts turn out beautifully but it is still cooked using gas.

however I find that if the roast is cooked using heatbeads in the charcoal weber the taste is delicious The cobb still uses heatbeads to do the cooking like the weber which would still give you the delicious taste using alot less beads so it would be cheaper in the long run.

that is my 2 cents worth
camptrailer
camptrailer
Boy Scout

Return to Gear Guide