Show Specials

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Show Specials

Postby markcrook » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:24 pm

G'day,

We are heading to the Perth Caravan and Camping show on Saturday, would of gone tomorrow but cant get anybody to cover me at work!

Is it true you can get real bargains? Ultimatley we want to check out the camper trailers to see if it is the way we want to go - but would love to get a deal on one.

Anybody picked up a bargain at a show?

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: Show Specials

Postby Bradd » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:08 pm

If you go on the last day of the show you are more likely to get a good deal as they would prefer you towed it home than they tow it back to base.
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Postby TBF » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Make sure you are aware of the usual selling price of the item you are hunting for.
Then you will know if the offered price is a bargain.

Best of luck mate.

Aart
TBF
Camping Veteran

Postby Bomber_WA » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Yep you can get some good deals.

I just bought a camper trailer from one of the stores that will be there and I mentioned that I will be going to the show and he knocked $500 for me because that's about how much they will take off at the show...
Bomber_WA

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm

When looking for a camper I went to the shows and narrowed down what I wanted. At the show got the brochure and the show special price. Then went home and made the decision some week later. Rang the firm and said I would place an order at the show price and they agreed.Dn'truh in until you are certain.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby HGMonaro » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 am

we bought our wind-up camper at a show and the 'show special' was a few extras (battery pack, wind out awing and bed end flys... about $3.5K worth) which were all items that I would have optioned anyway so it turned out to be good value for us. Overall though, I don't think I saw many things (complete vans or campers, accessories) that were 'a bargain'. You really need to know your prices, and for accessories, remember that Anaconda, Rays and places like that have regular sales.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Postby markcrook » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm

We didn't get a camper trailer (from the show)- the show specials didn't seem that special!

We did by bunk beds for the kids (stretcher beds) that had a third off, than had to carry the bag home on the train! :--?

And one of those single burner stove things And 4 cannisters which also had about a third off - all from Rays Outdoors at the show, which was heaving.

It was a good day out, the weather was nice and I have seen lots of other gear that I now need! :?#

We are just waiting to hear if we won the one at the show (I'm sure it is going to be ours!) :+
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Good Luck Mark.....fingers crossed for you.

Think you'll probably only get lots emails/phone calls from people trying to sell you stuff.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Gear Guide