Three Way Fridge At Aldi

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Three Way Fridge At Aldi

Postby GoldCoast » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:41 pm

We used the Aldi fridge for three days whilst camping and were pleased with its performance.
It was running on 240 volts for a few days before leaving but was off for a few hours whilst packing and driving to the campsite.

We had the thermostat on maximum cooling and restocked it with drinks as spaces appeared when the food was consumed.
Everything was nice and cold and some of what was closest to the element was frozen including a can of softdrink, ham and some sad looking lettuce :)

The strong winds on the weekend didn't cause any problems for the fridge.

We also bought two 4.5Kg cylinders from Aldi ($30 each), weighed them empty, got them filled at BCF and they were 4.5Kg heavier (as expected) when we weighed them again.
After three days use (about 72 hours) the fridge cylinder was 0.7Kg lighter and the cooking cylinder was 0.8Kg lighter.
The fridge used 0.7Kg of gas over the three days matching its gas usage specifications of 9.9 gms/hour and using less than the 28 days on 9Kg figure also in the same manual.
We should be able to get 18 to 19 days on a 4.5Kg cylinder.
GoldCoast
Boy Scout

Postby Jo&Kev » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:54 am

These sound the same as the K-Mart one that I have. About the same gas usage and all. The trick with them seems to be keep them running. Once they get cool they tend to stay cool.
Our blog - with bigger pics!
http://actnswcamping.blogspot.com/
Jo&Kev
Post Machine!

Postby dea » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 pm

my inlaws have just given us the one from kmart.. works well .. but hve only used it on power so far while we were away
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Young Camping Family » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 pm

Anymore feedback on these 3 ways?

Rachel.
Young Camping Family
Camping Veteran

Postby cokebottle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Young Camping Family wrote:Anymore feedback on these 3 ways?

Rachel.

I got the Kmart $399 3 way off lay buy on friday, have had it running on 240v over the weekend as a drinks fridge as our main fridge is chocca with Chrissy ham etc & it works great!

It cooled some water down withing a couple of hours & the thermostat works good on 240v, I am able to turn it down with it cycling on/off etc.

Can't wait to test it out on gas when next we go camping!

Only thing to watch out for is if you have a small car! I have currently drive a Mitsubishi Lancer sedan & I could not fit the fridge in the boot when I picked it up at Kmart :--?

I had to take it out of the box & stick it in the back seat with the two kids in the back & it took up the space of a large adult, so they are a good size unit, very deep too, can fit tall bottle of soft drink etc, whereas our esky you have to lie them down . :?#

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to Gear Guide