Opinions please on Coleman Chalet 9CV XL

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Opinions please on Coleman Chalet 9CV XL

Postby Hardstylr » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:30 am

Anyone got one of these.
TOssing up between the Coleman and the Diamantina Drysdale 9?

Opinions please
Hardstylr

Re: Opinions please on Coleman Chalet 9CV XL

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 am

Coleman has a very good reputation so I suppose it depends on which meets your specific needs most.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby markcrook » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 pm

We had a Coleman Chalet 9CV before getting the CT, excellent tent - easy to put up with two people, loads of room, extremely waterproof, rock solid when it was windy (if pitched properly!). Ours stayed up when lots of others blew down. Loads of ventilation. Great tent.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby smiththenovice » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:10 pm

We have a Coleman Montana 12 which, from my understanding, is a very similar tent, just a bit bigger. It is fantastic, loads of ventilation. Takes a bit longer to put up than our Oztent but for stays of more than 2 nights we always take it.

Another big plus I think, with Coleman, is the service. I don't know what other people's experience is with them but I was blown away by their efficiency when I had to deal with them. We snapped a pole the first time we put the tent together...I think it just wasn't quite pushed together properly (our fault) and when we tried to bend it to secure it with the pin thingy the pole cracked.

We went away with it cracked and it didn't seem to affect the tent much but I thought I'd buy a new one...I like everything to be perfect :lol:

I rang Coleman to find out where I could get another pole and without hesitation they said they'd send one out to me, which they did...and very quickly. They didn't ask any questions at all, and despite fully expecting to pay for it, they didn't ask for any money either :?#
smiththenovice
Captain Camping

Postby BadSeed » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 pm

I have been looking at tents that have been pitched by the owners this year, rather than looking in brochures or shops.
We recently spent a couple of weeks in the North West (Coral Bay, Exmouth)
Anyway, it gets a bit blowy up there and the Coleman tents (9CV & 12) both looked rock solid for the whole time. I think a Coleman will be our next purchase.
They look like they are built to last, the owners all rate them highly.

Don't buy spinifex :grin:
My other signature is better than this one
BadSeed

Postby fontmedia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm probably a bit late for this one, but we have a Coleman 9cv xl and its superb. Very solid and withstands pretty much anything. We've also just bought a smaller Diamantina and its not a patch on the Coleman. The quality is much poorer, with rips at seams already - we def wont buy Diamantina again... Coleman all the way for us :)
fontmedia
Boy Scout

Return to Gear Guide