Waterproof rooftop bag at ALDI

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Waterproof rooftop bag at ALDI

Postby slug » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Gday all,

picked up one of these at lunch today, $59 i think it was. I havnt got it out of the box yet but i thoughtit might be worth a try. Its similar to a duffel type bag, but also has wheels like a suitcase! They claim it is waterproof and able to be attached to roof bars or racks or something, how im not sure but will report back when i find out.
slug
Captain Camping

Re: Waterproof rooftop bag at ALDI

Postby slug » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

Well ive had it out of the box and it looks pretty good. The bag is a rubbery type material with flaps over the zips etc. There is also a coover which can go over the bag, this pretty much just keeps it clean, the water-proofness is the actual bag. There are a few straps that help attach it to a roof rack. Obviously i havnt tried these yet and although i would bet my life on them they looked a resnoble quality.
slug
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 am

Just curious Slug - what would you pack in it, and how much would it hold do you think?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby slug » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:50 am

Gday Amanda,

i plan to use it on my roofrack, most likely extended 4wd trips when the rest of the car is full.. It would just let me put bulky, not so heavy stuff up out of the way. Sleeping bags, pillows, clothes, but you could put just about anything in there really, i try to keep the weight down low so bulky but light stuff for me.

I went to a camping shop after to see what they had and i found a similar shaped bag, but a bit smaller, (didnt have the straps etc) and i think it was 65 litres. Visually, you guess you could probably get 3 largish sleeping bags in it, and probably then some...........i could be wrong, im bad at measurements.....rest assured its a good size! :grin:
slug
Captain Camping

Return to Gear Guide