Coleman Montana; comments, reviews, how long to put up?

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Coleman Montana; comments, reviews, how long to put up?

Postby ozoutdoors » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:53 am

A Montana is BIG.
2 adults and 2 kids.. if you didnt have an immediate requirement for the massive awning, i would stick to the Chalet 9.. or go for the XL version if you require some extra space.
Any of these 3 models will give you the 5 year warranty and 3000mm waterproof rating which is AS good as you will get from any dome tent. You really cant go past the Coleman...

Whatever you do though.. DONT ask the salesman to erect a montana in his showroom in 36 minutes... He'll appreciate you for not asking.. and probably give you a better deal.
Check out the latest outdoors website
www.ozoutdoors.ws
ozoutdoors
Boy Scout

Postby sassenach.girl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:14 am

Thanks for contributing to the thread ozoutdoors. If anyone else is interested in this tent, we can HIGHLY recommend it. Yes it is big, though we can fit a full table and chairs in the middle 'lounge' without contributing walking space in and around nor into the bedrooms. And we can cook under the awning without a separate structure (though we've not tried this in the rain yet :)). In short, we LOVE IT!

We've now had the Montana up a few times, and can get it erected with fly and partial awning in around 20 mins (2 people). Full awning takes another 5 mins .....
sassenach.girl
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am

Sounds like you really have it sorted Kylie....good on you.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby toucan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm glad you love the Montana, we have one too and absolutely love it! I now joke that if the house went up in flames to save the tent! :lol:

What won us over on it was that with the slopping walls we could still fit 2 sets of bunks in one room. We take the other room with our King size blow up mattress and the middle room stores our stuff or is a playroom on rainy days.
I also think the awning is fantastic and i love how you can open the whole tent up to get a breeze through.
toucan
Camping King

Previous

Return to Gear Guide