UHF CB BAND CHANGE

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: UHF CB BAND CHANGE

Postby balint256 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 am

Hi folks,
Thank you for checking out my site and posting these nice comments! I'm still working on it (most recently the auto-complete code, which isn't quite finished). If you have any specific comments/suggestions/bug-reports/etc, then please don't hesitate to describe them here so I can attend to outstanding issues. Also, if you have any cool areas/filters, then don't forget you can copy&paste the URL (e.g. here) too!

PS: If you'd like to follow development progress, see Oz-wide density/coverage maps, etc, check out the blog (click on the top-left 'spench.net' logo in RFMap, or subscribe to the RSS feed).
balint256

Postby Komodo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Interesting.

Question - how does one actually go about getting an amature radio licence?
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cokebottle » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Komodo wrote:Interesting.

Question - how does one actually go about getting an amature radio licence?

cokebottle wrote:My advice? same as mentioned above, get a Amateur Radio licence! that we won't lose any bands, as the saying goes "if you don't use it, you lose it!" getting your licence is easy, the Foundation or entry level is easy ;)

Link to Wireless Institute: http://www.wia.org.au/

Michael
VK2FMJC (Amateur call sign)

Depending on what area you are in you should be able to find a local Amateur Radio club that does exams, the Foundation licence is an entry point & if you have a basic electrical knowledge you will find it very easy, if you have a electronics background you would be a candidate for the next two levels, the Standard & the Advanced, these last two have a lot more electronics theory etc, I am trying to study to upgrade mine & now I just need to find the spare $152 to do the two exams needed

EDIT: try this link for Frankston Radio Club: http://www.qsl.net/vk3frc

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to Gear Guide