Coleman Lakeside 7?

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Coleman Lakeside 7?

Postby Lin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 pm

I remember someone posting here that they had this tent, but cannot find the post. I'm tentatively looking at getting another tent. And this is a bit different than what I've had before (Coleman Overlander and Black Wolf Mojave SG), though it may be a tad too big for us too. There's only me and my 6yo and our dog.

Embarrassingly enough, one of the reasons why I am considering this tent is that it has a skylight! I've found no other tents than the Mojave that have this and it is definitely one of the things I love most about the tent.

The other important thing - apart of course from durability - is pitching time and ventilation. We do a lot of summer camping.

Anyone any experience with this tent?
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Coleman Lakeside 7?

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Howdy ...long...lost...Lin..... :beer

I was just thinking of you a few days ago when I was reading the ''camp fires'' area....wondering how you got on ??

We have a skylite in our camper trailer and love it....although...we were warned when we bought it (by learned friends...lol)....that they are susceptible to leaks....
We have had no problems yet....but to be honest...it hasn't had much use with the shocking summer we have just been through

Cheers ......

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 am

The plastic also becomes brittle over time in the sun Rosco.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Yep.....I'm expecting that.......

(mind you...it should last for years with the amount of use its getting....if the weather keeps up like it has been for the last 18 months...I can see us getting a caravan for the short trips we do....(Avis was right at home in our motor-home when we were on holiday in NZ)
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Gear Guide