Blackwolf Mojave SG4 query

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Blackwolf Mojave SG4 query

Postby Chris M2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi,

Long time reader, first tme poster.

Just wondering, I have recently puchaced the BW Mojave SG4 much to my delight. After travelling around the globe in a Blackwolf backpack over 12 months which performed excellently, I wasn't so surprised. Although I have only set it up in my backyard, all seems to be good and proper except one thing. I saw Blackwolfs own promo video on Youtube for this tent, one of the main reasons for buying as it gave me a real life perception of it's interior.

One issue is that I noticed in the video, it was supplied with a storage hammok in the ceiling.
Mine unfortunately was not. I'm thinking they've killed 2 birds with the one stone and made the SG4 vid using the SG6(?). I also had a look a my ceiling and saw no clips etc. wherby this could be provided.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris.
Chris M2

Re: Blackwolf Mojave SG4 query

Postby Lin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:38 pm

No, I'm pretty sure I got one with my SG4. I found it in my garage just the other day. Do you believe I actually never knew what it was for until now! :oops: I don't get why they never provide a proper user manual with tents...

Did you find it easy to set up? I still find it a bit fiddly to set it up so the fly is completely symmetrical. If it's not, the fly will touch the inner tent around the windows. I still didn't get leaks or condensations when it did actually, but I cannot bear seeing the tent like that and I worry about it all night if I notice it. :-bang

It is a really nice shape on the inside though. Very roomy and cosy.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Chris M2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm headiong out into the wilderness this weekend to try this tent out. I didn't see the hammock but perhaps I'll try to have another look when I unwrap her again and have more space.
I too got an excellent sense of space on the inside. Thanks for letting me know about the alignment issues your having. I'll report back after the weekend and let you know how it all goes with a full breakdown.

Cheers :?#
Chris M2

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Chris M2 wrote: I'll report back after the weekend and let you know how it all goes with a full breakdown.

Cheers :?#

Thanks Chris....we'll look forward to your trip report and pics too.....LOL
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Gear Guide