Light/Lantern Holder

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Light/Lantern Holder

Postby Lockyer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am

I saw these a year or so back and a friend made one up for me to try, I like it so much I order 2 more from Mo Tackle http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=pro ... ct_id=4191

sky hook.jpg

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: Light/Lantern Holder

Postby Woodsy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:18 pm

we have people coming into work looking for them, i'll have to put them onto that website.

thanks
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Lockyer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:35 am

Woodsy wrote:we have people coming into work looking for them, i'll have to put them onto that website.

thanks

Hi Josh

I have asked at all the major camping stores plus some of the smaller speciality camping stores if they had these holders and the closest I ever found was the one's that has to slide over the pole and the hanger screws through the bracket into the pole and they are a pain as you cannot move them from pole to pole easily. I walked around the Brisbane caravan and camping show last year looking for them - got plenty of dumb looks to my question ::()

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I sold them for 900 years guys ,,,,when I was in Hardware,,,,,They were brought out years ago as adjustable hanging ''Pot-Plant'' holders........ :beer :beer :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:58 pm

^ proving we need to open our horizons when looking for camping gear.
Would NEVER have thought to look for a hanging basket holder. Thanks for the heads up!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am

Good to see you back with us too Komodo....it's been a while.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Komodo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks GL. Gotta pop in every now and then just to keep an eye on you riff raff make sure you're not all getting up to too much mischief. :***

Nah last year was a very busy one for me and I didnt get to get out other than a short 4 days trip to Rutherglen where we stayed at stantons bend for a few nights. But this season (Kel and I are mid autumn -> mid spring campers so our season has only really begun) we should be getting out a bit more and we have a trip to cape york in our new hannibal safari roof top tent planned for september! :+
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Have you made an honest woman of Kel yet Komodo??

Don't need to be camping to pop in here and chat......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Howdy Komodo...I'd be keen to hear how the roof-top tent set up effects your vehicle economy...

Since buying a caravan I'm looking at putting roof racks on the Patrol to take a ...upto....12ft Tinny (might even come back with one on the roof...if I see what I want while up North)

Cheers :beer
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks guys. I threw up a bit of a post in general chit chat.

Rosco1 I'm expecting to see a 20-30% drop in ecconomy based on what I've read. That said I do have a bit of a heavy right boot and I believe if your more conservative with the loud pedal it shouldnt affect it quite that much. I also run fairly aggressive all terrain/mud terrian hybrids which wont help. Of course I could change diff ratios, OD gearing etc etc

I would actually think (just thinking out loud here) that being that you tow a van that it may slightly help as the bow will deflect the wind around the van better?
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks for that KOMODO......When we towed the van back from Dubbo....our fuel back to Brisbane was only $70- more than the ride down......Seems that the shape of the cone and having independent suspension certainly does help in savings on fuel costs (I came most of the way back on LPG....not that we had to because the petrol performed better.....just....we didn't need to use petrol.....being the 4500....it still had tones of gutz),,,,it was only because the fuel gauge was going down...and being strangers to the area...we were not sure when the next LPG filling station would be...so I flicked it on to petrol

It may be a different case with a tinny on the top as it will effect the aerodynamics

Cheers

Rosco :beer
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:07 am

Rosco1 wrote:When we towed the van back from Dubbo....our fuel back to Brisbane was only $70- more than the ride down......Seems that the shape of the cone and having independent suspension certainly does help in savings on fuel costs

That was an empty van Rosco....fill it up with goods and chattels and add water and see how you go. I am very interested to see what the figures are on your upcoming trip.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Certainly expect it to increase Gypsy although keeping the correct weight distribution is vital.....
I see so many 4wd's ''ass's'' dragging on the ground...(especially perm 4 wd's)...when towing..This must make it very expensive and quite dangerous to tow caravans
We have tried to keep our load as even as possible....plus...I only intend having 60.to..70ltrs of water for a start on board...this will give us approx 2 days,,,I will increase it each time we pull in for fuel or stay over nite somewhere ....alot of trial & error ....
Going over the weigh bridge here at work means that I can quite comfortably put in quite abit more....just waiting for the lastest ''pack'' from Avis before we head off...then I will have a better idea of our true towing weight.
Our only real weight we had onboard when returning from Dubbo was mainly water plus what we took with us for our journey home....And...I have to admit, I will not be going quite as fast as what we did coming home....this on its own will help keep the fuel bill down.

Cheers
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Komodo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Saw a perfect example of that in mansfield on the weekend.
Rear tyres tucked in the guards and about 6-7" clear up front on a 105 series cruiser.

Would hate to be coming around a corner with him coming at me from the other way. No brakes and no steering with that type load distribution
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Gear Guide