Swags - Any recommendations?

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Swags - Any recommendations?

Postby koornang » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:35 pm

Hi,
I'm looking to buy byself a new swag....

Can anyone recommend a brand or maker?

BTW I'm in Melbourne

Cheers
Andrew
koornang

Postby happy dog » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:43 pm

There is a swag called the Viking Swag which is the best I have found. Australian family business they have a great article on their website about choosing the perfect swag and things to avoid when buying your swag. About half the price of in the shops, they make and supply direct and are very easy to talk to no hard sell and they REALLY know what they are talking about and have a very loyal underground following.

I found them doing internet search on Viking Swags, here is link
http://www.vikingswags.com
Cheers Big Ears
happy dog

Postby Azuriel » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:49 pm

being more of a hiker than a car-camper, my preference tends to be bivvies over swags ... my current lightweight solution is a Doite-branded bivvy (basically a lightweight swag with 3 poles in it) ... very good for wind resistance and water proofing ... plus, hardly any condensation inside over those cold nights ... this hiking in tassie in the middle of winter in the snow, just to give you guys an idea of the wind/water-proofing of it ... chuck in a self-inflating thermarest, and your favourite sleeping bag ...

on one hand, a swag which prolly weighs in around 7-10kg ... my bivvy + thermarest + -15C sleeping bag totals a tad under 3kg ...

:P
Azuriel
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:12 pm

I got me a $99 from capming world at castle hill, very basic but I absolutly luurve it :mrgreen: , i spent an extra $60 for a top notch mattress and now its as comfortable as my bed at home. Wouldn't trade it for all the tents at K-mart :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby abba.adams » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:18 am

I like the Ute Beaut Swag. It is especially designed for use in a ute.With it’s great width (1100mm wide), it fits in between the wheel arches of most utes. With our great sand-fly mesh option, it is the ideal swag to take out into the bush.
abba.adams

Return to Gear Guide