QLD - Noosa River Caravan Park

QLD - Noosa River Caravan Park

Postby greyjudy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Im new at this, first timer & want to let everyone know my opinion about how unfriendly the staff & management were to us at the Noosa Caravan Park. We booked in months in advance & on arrival to find the aspect of this park to be really lovely. But on arrival at the office I found the staff too occupied talking to each other & felt my presence a nuisence & the managements attitude towards customers (the people who had paid for this!) very off putting. I will never return there to camp.
Another complaint is it was the weekend before Easter, one block of amenities were closed, portables were erected & we were not notified of this when we made the booking.
Plus we found the camp sites so close together, that no-one could walk between the tents they were so close. The ropes where along side other tents.
Im sure I will find some "lovely, quiet, camping spot where the staff are friendly" before I give up on camping completely!
greyjudy

Postby Kramer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Don't give up camping, there are plenty of other places to stay. There are plenty of great reviews on here try one of those caravan parks before you put away your camping gear forever :grin:
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Scolers » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:15 pm

Thanks for the 'heads up' and ditto to Kramer. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll find your camping paradise.

Cheers ...

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Jeeps » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Where is this campground? On the southern side of the noosa river?
Jeeps
Captain Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:19 pm

For all the time I lived in Queensland I only ever heard good things about this caravan park. Seems it's gone off. It is in a fantastic spot right on the river.

Like everyone has said, there are some great ones around.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby greyjudy » Fri May 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Jeeps wrote:Where is this campground? On the southern side of the noosa river?

It is on the southern side of the Noosa River, near the mouth. Its an ideal spot if the manager/staff improve with their attitude & stop cramming tents so close that you can hear your neighbour breath in the night!! Its walking distance to Hastings Street. (if you like to walk)
greyjudy

Re: QLD - Noosa River Caravan Park

Postby dicko77 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:04 am

Hi All I have just booked a weekend at this park staff seem to be friendly on phone so maybe it has changed, will let all no in my review when i get back. One thing that is a bit much already is that they are charging me for my 2 year old this has never happened at any other caravan park i have ever been to before but other than that all is good so far.
Cheers Dicko :beer
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 pm

It will be intersting to hear your report Dicko...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 am

Hey Dicko77....Did you ever do a review / report on your experience here ???? I've been past it a few times now and often thought that I'd luv to stay there .......
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Jo&Kev » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:52 am

There is every chance that the staff/management have changed in the 3 1/2 years since the original post.

I'll echo the need for an update...

Kev
Cheers
Kev

Proudly running actnswcamping.blogspot.com - a blog about camping in the ACT and NSW region.
Jo&Kev
Camping King

Postby dicko77 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

I am going on Thursday so i will take some picks and give it a new review when i get back.
Cheers
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby dicko77 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi all first chance i have had to do a review.First of all the park is in a good location but for the price the park has not got much to offer.It only had one set of showers open as the other ones were getting fixed all weekend and we were not told about this when i booked.We were charged $8.00 a night for a 2 year old and we didnt even get a slab for the annex.We ended up paying $47 a night and i thought that that was a bit much to pay for this park.Other than that it was a nice park but i will not be rushing back there in a hurry.
Cheers Dicko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby dicko77 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:43 pm

And more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:24 pm

This is an incredibly popular park at Xmas time and Easter.....and yes they do cram a lot of people in as do most during peak times.

I have friends who have been holidaying here over Xmas for 20+ years.....they have a standing booking for every Xmas as do most of the regulars.

It has never been on my 'visit' list as it is not pet friendly.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:59 am

I am not there now we just went for a long weekend but this was the first time i had a chance to post.We are down the broad water caravan park now we stay here every xmas for 6 weeks and love it.
Cheers Dicko :beer
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Return to Queensland