QLD - Stinson Memorial Park

QLD - Stinson Memorial Park

Postby Troyk » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:29 pm

Went for a drive yesterday with the family and went to a camping spot use to go to when I was kid (with parents and brothers of course).

It was the base for the rescue of survivors from a plane crash (the Stinson) which crashed in the nearby ranges back in 1937.

The park was just one of those get away from it for a few days spots and pretty much nothing much has changed in 30 years, except new toilets and the camping area has been reduced. Once the whole block was open to camping. Its was a bugger when it was busy and someone use to park their caravan over the cricket pitch.

There are new toilets and they have electric BBQ's in the day use area.

Anyhow here is some photos;

Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:42 pm

Must have been busy out that way on the weekend - see Freerocketman's post!!!
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Barby-Q » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:29 pm

Went there on the weekend , had the place to ourselves . They were boring for water in the next paddock until 6.00pm , then silence. AHH .
The kids were running around playing spotlight until 9.30 pm , next day played in the creek until 1pm then they had to help pack up . On the way home stopped at Burgess Park and picked mulberries while standing in the creek , ended up with purple kids.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 pm

Barby-Q,

I take it the new CT arrived and this was its first outing?
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:04 am

NO Troy, he's given me the run around , First it was three weeks, then next week , then another week . We decided to take the tents out one last time.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Cruzin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Hey Troy
How close is Butinga from here? I intend to spend some time there next winter.

Hi Ange
You'd think that if the CT was his "old" one then you could pick it up straight away maybe it has something to do the the "caravan/ Ct show/sale" on at Brissy this weekend.
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Postby Troyk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:29 pm

Cruzin wrote:Hey Troy
How close is Butinga from here? I intend to spend some time there next winter.

20min drive if that. Has Butinga reopened? Last I heard hadn't got its approvals sorted.

Troyk

Postby Barby-Q » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:51 am

If its reopened It could be a destination for the next meet.

cruizn, re camper , it was his old display model he was building for himself. We got a different colour canvas to what he had so we had to wait for that to be made and he had a few things to finish off plumbing/ electrical stuff. Should pick it up today.
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Al&Sharon » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 am

hi Cruzin I emailed Butinga the other week asking if it was ok to camp there they said it is still closed but friends and family are ok to stay, I said well I always wanted friends with property like theres and as strangers are friends we havnt yet met was it possible to come they asked when,however I didnt get back to them as the sharp park camping weekend is coming up, maybe we could all see if we could make a weekend of it there as it looks a fantastic camping ground. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 am

We loved this place. Very well looked after and clean. Would be so much fun for the kids as there was no deep water that we could fine.
Barby-Q I was there the same time as you then because they were boring for water in the next paddock. We said Hi to you and watched the kids playing in the water. :***
If you drive to the end of the same road there is accomadation.... houses. We checked them out and they are also very clean, tidy, and the owners are very helpful and friendly. There was one house right up the top back of the property that way in a fantastic spot. Feed the birds and possums off the deck.
Hands up the these guys for a fantastic place to stay if you dont want to camp
:+
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Return to Queensland