QLD - Peach Trees, Jimna

QLD - Peach Trees, Jimna

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:25 am

I know there is a review already in here regarding Peach Trees but as I was there yesterday I thought I would add another!
As usual, it was lovely and peaceful - it was a tad busy (school holidays) but we got a nice spot just past the entrance and close to the toilets!
Both showers were working in the mens block but only the 1 in the ladies. 60c was enough for a hot shower - and boy it was good!!
The kids jumped off the deck into the creek! (and some people were even fishing! - don't think they caught anything though!)
The park really cleared out Sunday arvo (us included). Lucky we were there Thurs arv to get a good spot cause by Fri lunch time it was pretty full!
We really liked it but do want to check out Elanda Point and Amamoor soon too!!
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:35 am

Glad you had a good time. Its one of our favourite spots.

Last there June School Holidays last year, and the same thing happened. We arrived Saturday, still got a good spot with a table, and by Sunday afternoon everyone was gone and we had the place to ourselves, except for the odd overnighter for the next few days.

Haven't been since they stopped supplying the firewood, which was one of the features of the place. And there was the Jimna Fire tower as well.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Jimma

Postby mystical_aussiegal » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:00 am

I have never camped at Jimma but been there many times on day trips, have friends who used to go there often and they loved it... they did always advise that you could hear the dingoes at night time but never had trouble with them.

I really dont know why I never camped there, used to always goes to Charlie Morelands I guess...
Jimma was definately pleasant looking and the bonus is having the showers.
I absolutely love downunder and want to see all of it, especially the outback
mystical_aussiegal
Captain Camping

Postby Tones » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 am

Just got back from Peach Trees yesterday after being flooded in on Friday, rained intermittently all week but the family still enjoyed it.

A couple of photos of the bridge crossing coming in to the park:

Tones
Last edited by Tones on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tones
Boy Scout

Postby kazzakanary » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:13 am

WOW

Do you have to pay extra camp fees for not beng able to get out! :***

ps I just copied and pasted into a browser so I could see the pics
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:23 am

Tones, How deep was the water? At a guess it must be close to a metre, trying remember how much of a dip there is.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk

Postby Tones » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:31 am

some more pics

Tones
Tones
Boy Scout

Postby Tones » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:32 am

After it went down we figured it was 2-2.5 metres above the bridge
Tones
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:47 am

Good shot of the possum, last time I was there I had one perched under my chair.

How did the ground hold up? Did it get mushy? Only reason I ask is I don't think I have ever been there when it has rained. I know Charlie Moreland can get messy, as I still have the stains on my tent to prove it.

Thanks for the photos. Its good value. :grin:

Troyk

Postby kazzakanary » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:43 am

I reckon at least 2 metres above the bridge - it is quite a dip of a bridge from memory. I LOVE Peach Trees
kazzakanary
Camping Oracle

Postby will_deness » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:31 pm

kazzakanary wrote:I reckon at least 2 metres above the bridge - it is quite a dip of a bridge from memory. I LOVE Peach Trees

I reckon your pretty spot on! correct with the depth too. :grin:
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Queensland