QLD-Eungella NP

QLD-Eungella NP

Postby elpaulos » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:56 pm

This little gem is inland from Mackay up the Eungella range. There is a walk in camp site a couple of kays from Eungella but for space go further up the road to the the dam. The place is massive and even during school holidays the place was bare!

The young kids enjoyed "treasure hunting" while the older kids didn't stop splashing around in the water.

Pit toilets and cold showers, self reg and easily accessible for all cars. The lake is HUGE.

A must-do if you're in the area. The range is steep, so make sure your vehicle is in tiptop condition, as we were behind a falcon that couldn't make it an caught on fire.

Sorry no pics, forgot to charge the batteries.

Enjoy Paul
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Re: QLD-Eungella NP

Postby AussieSunset » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:52 pm

Now that is a top spot. We went there and Finch Hatton on the way back to mackay. You have to be carefull not to leave any food out though as the possums and bush turkeys are thick and are not shy to take food right off your plate. I saw my first bandicoot there and it scared the living daylights out of me at first till i realized what it was. The walks are fantastic and the sky window (i think it's called) is a view not to be missed. Our old econavan made it up there no probs as long as you take it easy most people will be right. To my memmory caravans cant go up that road, and try not get stuck behind one of the the milk trucks as it will take forever. Lovely water falls on the way up too.

Sorry for the quality of the pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AussieSunset on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby Troyk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Hey AS you beat me to it! :lol:

The Pioneer Valley 8)

Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby elpaulos » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:04 am

Bandicoots!!!!!!!
Iwas at the Rockhampton Zoo and having arvo tea with the kids I noticed a p-e-a-c-o-c-k strutting around and thought nothing of it.
Next thing it had gone into full show off mode and in my perepheral vision was BLACK!! I jumped 10 feet in the air much to the amusement of all the kids!!!
Not cool Dad just not cool haha
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Postby amanda » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:37 am

elpaulos wrote:Bandicoots!!!!!!!
I noticed a dingaling strutting around and thought nothing of it.

I think I'd think something of seeing a dingaling strutting around??????? What's a dingaling?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:41 am

That`s a song !! My Dingaling ,My Dingaling ,i won`t you to play with My dingaling. :***
Is a dingaling like a thingamejig?
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Troyk » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:42 am

Dingaling = p-e-a-c-o-c-k :armsup

Edited epaulos post to make it read better.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby AussieSunset » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:03 am

P-e-a-c-o-c-k-s dont scare me as we use to have them in our back yard but when it's 2 or 3am and nature calls i didn't really expect to see that much nature :*** it looked at first like rat on steroids (i dont like rats)

My Dingaling, gee i haven't I heard that song in a long time. Now i'm going to be singing it all day now it's in my head :*** (must get a copy of that song lol )
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby elpaulos » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks Troyk............
Must had dingaling on the brain having fox-kids on all day :shock:
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Return to Queensland