Qld Woodgate Beach Tourist Park

Qld Woodgate Beach Tourist Park

Postby Wrecksie » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:26 pm

just looking for some information on Woodgate Beach Tourist Park if anyone has been there recently. We're looking for somewhere to go later in the year probably Sept School holidays up in the Hervey Bay area or thereabouts. My main concern is the size of the tent sites. We've got a 20 x 24 foot tarp plus car and trailer and was wondering if we would fit on the sites there. Most of the time when we camp its at places where theres not too many restrictions on space but we have been caught out before down at Iluka last year where our set up wouldn't fit on the site they gave us but lucky for us they were very nice and let us move (actually had to try 2 other sites before we "fitted")

Anyway if anyone has info on Woodgate or can suggest other places up around there please let me know
thanks (and PS love the info on this forum - great job guys)

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Re: Qld Woodgate Beach Tourist Park

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:36 am

Contact the CP and ask them Wrecksie....and make sure they realise that you have to peg down as well. Often they seem to forget that.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 am

Out of curiosity, which park in Iluka did you stay at. I'm heading there on Wednesday, but in the past I have always stayed in a cabin, this is the first time with the CT, so you've got me a bit worried now.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Wrecksie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Amanda

we stayed at Iluka Riverside Tourirst Park which is the main one on the river in the middle of town right on the bay. There were plenty of CT's when we were there that seemed to have lots of room - we were just were a bit unlucky with the spot we chose as it was one of the smaller sites across the road from the shops. The park is very large and having lived in Iluka directly across the road from this park for 18 years, i know at this time of the year out of school holidays, it will be pretty quiet so you should have no problem finding a great site there. I don't know much about the other 2 parks in town though.

anyway look forward to reading your review. If you have not been to Iluka before make sure you check out Woody Head camping reserve as its a great spot as well as a good swimming out there. Also out at the Bluff (road opposite the Golf course road) is great for swimming too. The main beach at Iluka is pretty dangerous for rips and is only good if you are keen surfer. Also best fish n chips in town is bought at the takeaway at the Fish Co-op down past the pub. Fresh seafood straight off the trawlers.

anyway best of luck

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks Wrecksie - we're actually staying at The Anchorage - we've stayed there many times before, but always in a cabin. Fish and Chips will be the go on Friday night for dinner!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Wrecksie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:05 am

no worries - have a great time

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Return to Queensland