Double Island

Double Island

Postby dicko77 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi all,Spent 2 week up at double island over the easter break.We had a top time kids loved it and it was the first trip on the beach for the van.The two weeks before the long weekend there was a few campers there but when the long weekend rolled around there were people everywhere.Weather was good for most of the time one day it poored down and we had a little flood happening but once we dug a few trenchs it was all good.I will post a few pics to show you how many campers there were and the vans maden trip on the beach.
Cheers :beer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Re: Double Island

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Double Island Point-Teewah Beach and Inskip Point would have to be THE 4WD mecca over Easter.....always has been and always will be. They now limit the numbers of campers at Inskip over Easter but I do not know it that rule also applies to Teewah Beach as well. Glad to hear you had a good time dicko and that the hordes/rain did not distress you too much.

The period between Xmas and NY are also very popular at both those places too......Teewah Beach to Double Island Point is often referred to as Tent City.....bit like a CP without the amenities.

Statistics gathered over time have indicated that Easter is the most popular long weekend for camping. People who never camp at any other time of year....camp at Easter time.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:51 pm

I no it gets to be like tent city thats why we go up early and get a good spot.We go up with 5 other familys and we make sure we have heaps of space between us.Ones the weekend is over it goes back to having no one there again.I have been going up for years now and i wouldnt miss it and my kids and my friends kids love it and yes the numbers are limited on the beach now as well.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby dicko77 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:36 pm

It seemed like there was a lot more caravans and camper trailers up there this year much more than i have ever seen up there.
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 pm

dicko77 wrote:It seemed like there was a lot more caravans and camper trailers up there this year much more than i have ever seen up there.

I think there is a general trend these days lots of families moving up to CTs and caravans.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Queensland