Clarence River Wilderness Lodge -Northern NSW

Clarence River Wilderness Lodge -Northern NSW

Postby s4j » Thu May 24, 2007 11:35 pm

Dont' let the name fool you...although there are a couple of cabins available....located near Urbanville....great open space for the kids and large flat areas...large enough for camper trailers...and there were 3 of these in our group.....add the communal Tarp and still heaps of room.....It is advised that you have a 4x4...but friends got in and out in a Berlina towing their trailer...the driveway is 7Km of steep and rough in parts, loose dirt and gravel....the river frontage is just over 1Km...and even with the lack of rain it still had enough for swimming at Xmas....sadly no pets allowed...but free roaming ex-racehorse...(warning...do not offer it food....friends had it under the awning of their camper, on an earlier trip)...wallabies and goannas....doesn't get too busy as I think the road in is a deterrant....ohhh and the canoes were free to use...it's advertised as having 4x4 tracks...but I don't think these have been used in a while..

[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/clarenceRiverupstream500upload.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/ClarenceRiversite500upload.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h144/scrappin4joy/ClarenceRiver500upload.jpg[/img][/img]
s4j
Camping King

Postby gypsy rainbow » Fri May 25, 2007 12:08 am

Wow what a beautiful place,free canoing to,you wouldn,t find that anywhere else.its a shame i dont have a forbie,so is thier no way a 2wd can get through?i would love to visit that place,thanks for sharing your pics.cheers. :?#
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby s4j » Fri May 25, 2007 12:25 am

no worries...love to take heaps of photos....although I've refrained from adding my must take pics of dead trees....just love the form of them...every trip I have to take one....got quite a collection now...LOL....yeah 2wd is possible unless it's been wet...we did have an overnight shower when there and friends in the Berlina had the owner tow out their camper trailer for them just incase they ran into trouble...but they got in there no worries.....
s4j
Camping King

Postby gypsy rainbow » Fri May 25, 2007 1:43 am

Thanks for that sj4,your a big help,hey its a good thing taking pics of old dead trees,thier all unique in thier own way,at flanagan reserve across the river is this dead tree lyimg on the ground,it is the most unusual odd shape ive ever seen,i was thier with a friend of mine, he is an artist and he paints mountains and trees,he painted that tree when it was standing a couple of years ago,he wanted to show me because he felt pretty well peeved off to see it laying on the ground,well what happened was apparantly energex decided to remove it , to put lines in,and so i instantly thought, out of that whole area and no other trees near it ,why in that very spot,it was very unique,gum tree,i guess some ppl are losing thier imagination for beauty,anyway enough of that,you got me going ,your fault lol,ppl that read this might think were boring old farts with nothing better to do,lol haha.anyway you cant beat nature hey ?cheers
gypsy rainbow
Camping King

Postby CCC » Fri May 25, 2007 6:52 pm

I agree, that is a very beautiful place :armsup
thanx for sharing your pics :grin:
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to NSW