Samurai Beach (newcastle NSW)!!!

Postby cokebottle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:38 pm

gypsylady wrote:That's a jolly good idea Michael, why did I not think of it?? What choices should we have??

How about - when your camping with kids do you:

A) have the same bedtime as home
B) let them run feral all night till they drop
C) let them run around till the SES come & bring them back to camp
D) who cares, I'm drinking till I can't hear them anyway!
E) lock them in the boot of the car till they stop screeming
F) B, C, D & E)

:***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: UPDATE..... took my kids there this weekend

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:23 pm

cokebottle wrote:this weekend I took 4 of my 3 kids (boy 9, girl 6 & boy 4)

Michael

:lol: Dyslexic you are?

And 8:30 bedtime when camping ::() Faaaaaaaaaaaaar out, glad your not my mum GL.

I don't think many kids would be able to stay up much past 10 pm, at least not on the 2nd or 3rd night of camping its just too tiring, so the whole bedtime thing could be a bit of a mute point. I reckon midnight's a fair bedtime for camping, considering you don't have to get up till whenever you feel like it.

besides, the best parts of camping start after midnight. All the cool animals come out, your usually sitting around a nice warm fire drinking something (anything) nice, and talking rubbish or telling gruesome stories :armsup
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:05 pm

I want to add option G to that poll

Drive around and around and around the camping area's neighboring suburb until your 1yo finally falls asleep - great fun.

What crazeee mother would do that???
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby CCC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:58 am

Al&Sharon wrote:They love getting the wood and starting the fire. Alan

thats MY job when camping :*** :*** :***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:17 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:I asked them about the 8 30 rule they laughed and said well that ladys on drugs . Alan

Well, I rest my case on that comment.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cokebottle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:21 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote: Dyslexic you are?

Either that or 1 of my kids is a simese twin :***

Michael
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Postby CCC » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:17 pm

gypsylady wrote:We have this rule when any kids come camping with our group that they all have to be in bed by 8:30. They don't have to go to sleep but they do have to be in bed and away from the adults.

Is this just with your group or would it be expected in other group camping such as camping.com.au camping gatherings?
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:Is this just with your group or would it be expected in other group camping such as camping.com.au camping gatherings?

I did say 'our' group CCC and fortunately all of the parents who do camp in our group agree with the idea. They all feel that camping is about them as well as the kids and as the kids tend to have the run of the place during the day it is generally felt that the night time is 'adult' time.

Like I said the kids go to bed but they don't have to go to sleep, they can chat and laugh, tell stories etc all they like. The ones who have their own tents often play games, cards etc in their tents.

It leaves the adults free to eat, drink and be merry without having to worry about where the kids are, what might happen to them and what the adult conversation might be.

In all the years we have been camping with others I can't say that I know about any problems with either the parents or the kids in this regard. If there has been any issues it has never been brought to my attention.

Hope this helps explain it a bit better. I/we are not ogres CCC but we do believe camping is a two way street. We also believe that kids have specific chores to do, like the washing up or taking the rubbish to the bin.

Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Al&Sharon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:48 pm

and does this rule of getting locked up at 8 30 apply to your dogs also as it seems you dont like children when it goes dark. as lots dont like dogs while camping .Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:19 am

And there is silence.....
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:48 am

Al&Sharon wrote:and does this rule of getting locked up at 8 30 apply to your dogs also as it seems you dont like children when it goes dark. as lots dont like dogs while camping .Alan

She actually goes to bed pretty much as soon as it gets dark, her choice Alan.

I love the children who camp with me but camping is not all about the children, they have parents who need to relax and enjoy themselves as well.

I very much appreciate that not all people like dogs, camping or otherwise and that is their choice and I respect that choice. There are in fact some dogs that I don't like, barking/yapping dogs or dogs that are not well behaved.

I also dislike owners who do not pick up after their dogs, or owners who let their dogs run about and piddle on others camps.

I defy you or any other member for that matter to camp with my dog and then at the end of it say she was anything but a pleasure to have around.

Believe me there are very few children who behave as well as she does.

You know what really amazes me is that because I think it appropriate for children when camping to be in bed/tent by 8:30 YOU ASSUME that I don't like children after dark.

How very odd that is, I am so glad I am not that judgmental of others who do not agree with me.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:09 pm

amanda wrote:And there is silence.....

Amanda, there was only silence because I have not had the opportunity to respond until now. I am surprised that you thought I would not answer Alan's question.

On another note and a total hijack of the thread for which I apologize:

I thought this was a forum of like minded people with a common interest camping but it seems if someone dares to have an opinion which differs...look out.

Maybe, just maybe the bickering is one of the reasons why some members don't stay around for very long.

Just my humble opinion.....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Bickering? I wouldn't call it that, but if that is in fact what it is, then this is the first time I've come across it on this site. I've always found everyone here polite, helpful and with some great humour, and if their opinions do differ then I don't see it as "bickering" but simply what it is - discussion between different people who have difereing views and thoughts on a varierty of topics.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:45 pm

gypsylady wrote:
amanda wrote:And there is silence.....

Amanda, there was only silence because I have not had the opportunity to respond until now. I am surprised that you thought I would not answer Alan's question.

On another note and a total hijack of the thread for which I apologize:

I thought this was a forum of like minded people with a common interest camping but it seems if someone dares to have an opinion which differs...look out.

Maybe, just maybe the bickering is one of the reasons why some members don't stay around for very long.

Just my humble opinion.....

It happens all to often on a lot of forums.

It is so easy to sit behind a computer sometimes and criticize when you don't have to face people.

I call them keyboard cowboys.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Derek, don't know if you've been on it or not, bu the Lonely Planet "Thorn Tree" forum is a classic example of what you just said. There are some people on there that are so rude, particularly to newbies, that I get embarrassed just reading it. One poor person yesterday asked a simple question regarding a particular landmark in Hanoi and was absolutely howled down by about 5 "regulars" to the forum. They actually called the poor person a "nitwit" and "s*it for brains". The post was eventually removed by the moderator, but I feel so sorry for the person that was asking a simple question to which these so called "experts" would have known the answer to.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to NSW