NSW - Seabreezes..South Ballina

NSW - Seabreezes..South Ballina

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:41 am

Well i`m back,flooded out after four days,this is the park discussed in another forum "absolutely no refund " and you have to pay all accommodation two weeks prior and earlier for Christams and easter.
Well the web site and brochure does it justice,the owners took over 18months ago and are getting rid of all the permanent residents to of course make it a tourist park,there have been court cases, tribunals,police visits and the residents are only too happy to tell you all about it (i`d prefer to left alone in holiday mode). The park has been let get run down with quite a few derelict vans about,the ammenties unclean and the camp kitchen filthy;the microwave he said to use oozed smoke and fumes from all directions.
The beautiful lake they show is overgrown and full of weeds and the boat ramp is a hole cut in a wire fence down to the inlet over rocks,no cement ramp.
The shop is open for an hour in the morning and evening and morning only on the weekends.
They are on bore water but there is one tap at the laundry for drinking water.
It must of been lovely once the gardens although unkept have orchids,staghorns,crowsnest and other lovely plants and what once must of been a walkway with arches of roses now strangled with weeds. The mozzies and midges were relentless even in the pouring rain they were a biting.
AANNDD the camp ground floods especially the bottom area;the owner showed no concern for the campers packing up in mud and water almost ankle deep,one family told me the owner more or less laughed at them and said you can`t help bad luck,no he can`t help the weather but be a bit professional about it and show some concern.
AS for South Ballina it is quiet and some pretty spots along the river,the ferry across is $3.50 each way and only takes a few minutes.
The other park which is less than a klm a way looks well run, clean,a huge kiosk that serves hot food but the grounds are more open and not as shady.
My advice is give Seabreezes a big miss.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Seabreezes..South Ballina

Postby amanda » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh dear - doesn't sound like it was a huge success. Thanks for the info, I'll stick to Flat Rock when down that way.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby double_d » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 pm

i was told a while ago
that ballina floods very regular

something to do with it being under water table or something

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby will_deness » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:01 am

Poodle Jewel wrote:The other park which is less than a klm a way looks well run, clean,a huge kiosk that serves hot food but the grounds are more open and not as shady.

We stayed there over new years and it was a pleasure to be in a park well maintained and managed.
Sorry to hear you had a lousy time, Hopefully next place you go too makes up for the last.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Ooohhh PJ you did not have good start to your holiday, what a pity. I am sure you will be more than happy with Levuka and let's keep our fingers crossed for you where the rain is concerned.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby cruiser » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:37 am

That's no good to hear you had a shocker down there,I'll put that park on the stay clear of list :cheers
cruiser
Camping Veteran

Postby ChallengeLee » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:00 am

Sorry to hear your trip away wasn't such a success, hope the next one makes up for it poodle.
ChallengeLee
Camping Veteran

Postby Al&Sharon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:48 pm

sorry to hear that seabreeze was a disaster pj, . for any1 looking at going too ballina go the next camp site down called ballina beach holiday park its pet friendly and managers are brilliant drive through the sand dunes to get to a 4x4 beach no permit needed, great fishing also, it was suggestered we have a queensland nsw gathering here a while ago. http://www.ballinabeachpark.com.au.Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Al&Sharon wrote:sorry to hear that seabreeze was a disaster pj, . for any1 looking at going too ballina go the next camp site down called ballina beach holiday park its pet friendly and managers are brilliant drive through the sand dunes to get to a 4x4 beach no permit needed, great fishing also, it was suggestered we have a queensland nsw gathering here a while ago. http://www.ballinabeachpark.com.au.Alan

Thanks Alan, am going to add that one to my Pet Friendly List of camping venues.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to NSW