NSW - Byron Bay Tourist Park

NSW - Byron Bay Tourist Park

Postby ausKath » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 pm

What a disappointment. After travelling up the NSW coast staying at a number of national parks, we decided to stop in Byron and stay at a caravan park to catch up on showers and washing. At the Byron Bay Tourist Park we paid $38 for an unpowered campsite (4 people).
Our yearning for a shower was put on hold as the water went off for a couple of hours after we arrived (6-8pm). When it came back on, we showered, but as the fans were not working, the bathroom was filled with steam and the floors were muddy. There was no toilet paper in the (women's) toilet between 9pm and 9am and the pool was closed the entire time we were there (4pm - 10am). With one hotplate not working, and the second kitchen requiring wood (with none provided), there were 2 hotplates for hundreds of people. There were also no cooking utensils provided in the "camp kitchen" and two tiny, overstuffed fridges for the entire park.

We were so disappointed that we left Byron Bay the next day, so I can't recommend a better spot, but there is surely one to be found in the area.

- Kath
ausKath

Re: NSW - Byron Bay Tourist Park

Postby Troyk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:18 pm

Thats just Byron Bay. The Cape is a fantastic spot, but the town is just strange.

There are some nice spots around Ballina.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby double_d » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Troyk wrote:Thats just Byron Bay. The Cape is a fantastic spot, but the town is just strange.

There are some nice spots around Ballina.

ill be going to evans heads next time i get a chance
caled in on my way back from holidays in sydney
looks like a nice place
big too with ocean and a river so there is rouogh and calm water for the kids

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Troyk wrote:Thats just Byron Bay. The Cape is a fantastic spot, but the town is just strange.

Couldn't agree more Troy - I can't bear the place - far too many space cadets and people opposed to showering for my liking.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 pm

In my travels you cannot depend on a camp kitchen to have all the reqired eqipment,very few are well equipped.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to NSW