Vic - Longridge Camp in Warrandyte.

Vic - Longridge Camp in Warrandyte.

Postby Fonty » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:35 pm

Okay I rang up to book a site today but they've changed the policy. Apparently different campers booked on the same night had such differring opinions on what camping was all about that police ended up on the scene and their new policy there is that you must book out the whole campsite if you want to camp there from now on. Typical black and white bureaucratic thinking there. Anyway the upshot of it is I guess it's first in best dressed and $130 for the site instead of sharing it for $10.

/me checks between the cushions on the couch for spare coins.

I think I'll try Cathedral Ranges on the weekend instead. :roll:
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby mytribe » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:35 pm

Cherist.

We're off camping this weekend, and doing it in the lap of luxury :grin:

I'll have access to toilets, a kitchen, maybe even a hot shower and it's not going to cost a thing.
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby amanda » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:34 pm

I'd have to say that's the first time I've ever heard of anything like that. Has anyone else come across a policy like this ever before?
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby coffeegal » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 pm

I have not been to Longridge before but heard it's wonderful. Have only heard about it recently so didn't realise it used to be open to individuals, only knew it as having to book the entire site and it's difficult because you have to book months in advance.

If there had been such a problem with a dispute like this, given the Ranger is not on the premises and there is no 'Manager' like at a van park, you can understand they had to do something I guess
:?

But then there are other Parks Vic camps that are shared and unsupervised overnight campers so wonder what makes Longridge so different to the others.
coffeegal

Postby Komodo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah tis expencive - sposed to be good. Maybe we should use this site for the "Victorian get together"

I made a post regarding it in your introduction thread fonty.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mytribe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:32 am

Hey Komodo that's not a bad idea, I'm not really into foreshore camping. :grin: :+
mytribe
Post Machine!

Return to Victoria