VIC - Bimbi Park, Cape Otway, Great Ocean Road

VIC - Bimbi Park, Cape Otway, Great Ocean Road

Postby tigerlily75 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:59 pm

The Pro's - Location, Location, Location, so much to do and see, stunning secluded beaches, rainforest, hundreds of koala bears sleeping right above you, 25 min past Apollo Bay from Melbourne. Friendly staff, bushy natural park with horse-ranch and affordable horse rides, chickens, swans roaming around. Owners kindly lent my daughter a bike to ride while we were there. Outdoor cinema. Powered & un-powered sites, cabins, backpackers, and walk-in bush sites. Well stocked camp kitchen, bbq's, laundry, playground. Fire bins provided on request.

The Cons - they had problems with their hot water. Amenities, while brand new and look lovely are a bad design - floor very muddy, including in the showers and the supposed dry area was not dry at all, wet & muddy also. It was cleaned regularly, but got muddy very quickly again. Toilets were clean. Showers are $1 for 3 minutes, BBQ's $1, it adds up pretty quick!

Overall- I will definitely be going back, it was a great, friendly place to stay, the location was awesome, the pros outweighed the cons and hopefully the hot water will be fixed by then anyway..!

For those that like bush camping, there were a few sites on the cliff top at Blanket Bay, looked lovely, not sure how/if you have to book.

http://www.bimbipark.com.au
tigerlily75

Re: VIC - Bimbi Park, Cape Otway, Great Ocean Road

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:22 am

tigerlily75 wrote:The Pro's - Location, Location, Location, so much to do and see, stunning secluded beaches, rainforest, hundreds of koala bears sleeping right above you, 25 min past Apollo Bay from Melbourne. Friendly staff, bushy natural park with horse-ranch and affordable horse rides, chickens, swans roaming around. Owners kindly lent my daughter a bike to ride while we were there. Outdoor cinema. Powered & un-powered sites, cabins, backpackers, and walk-in bush sites. Well stocked camp kitchen, bbq's, laundry, playground. Fire bins provided on request.

The Cons - they had problems with their hot water. Amenities, while brand new and look lovely are a bad design - floor very muddy, including in the showers and the supposed dry area was not dry at all, wet & muddy also. It was cleaned regularly, but got muddy very quickly again. Toilets were clean. Showers are $1 for 3 minutes, BBQ's $1, it adds up pretty quick!

Looks like a great destination tigerlily but I do feel the additional fees for showers etc might get a little difficult if you were say a family of 5 wanting to camp for a week or two.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby powderpuff25 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:41 am

Had a look at Bimbi Park whilst out and about looking for a good camping spot for Easter. Nice people own it and there seems to be different types of camping facilities but I found that the smell from the horses would put me off and the flies would be a nuisance although there were camping spots down the back of the property that were a bit more secluded and in the bush but I would rather go camping in the bush for free. :|
powderpuff25

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:10 am

What a huge disappointment that would have been if you'd not discovered it before going to camp there.

You don't think the time of year might improve it any??

Did you happen to say anything to the owners about it?? And if so what was their reaction??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Victoria