Rawnsley Park

Rawnsley Park

Postby kevin e » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:23 pm

I've made a couple of changes to the CT & we left home last Friday for our 2nd short trip with it, a weekend in the Flinders; It was raining in Adelaide when we left, which caused some angst! A check of the BOM website before leaving showed it had rained a lot more up north! :(

I have done the Flinders trip 7 times all up, so I guess I must like it up there! :grin: We've stayed at Rawnsley Park twice before, but both times we had stayed in the cabins near the restaurant (which we were very happy with). This was our 1st time in the CP. Right from the start we had a great time! The managers are lovely people & they made us feel very welcome. They have a system of allocating you a spot, rather than you picking your own. This worked out very well for us, as we ended up in a great spot with very nice neighbors. Due to the lack of good rainfall & no mains water, there aren't any lawns, but the CT spots have shade cloth pinned down where the floor of the tent sits. The tent pegs went in without any hard work. The power & taps (potable bore water) were very close to our spot & there was an open fire BBQ at the spot as well. The CP is very, very clean & tidy. There a plenty of trees, which are home to various birds, including Aust Ring Necked Parrots.There's a new toilet/shower block under construction & the one already in use is very modern & well maintained. The camp kitchen was sensational! It's a fully enclosed area with heaters, lounges, TV, dining tables, stove & grill tops, fridge, rain water etc. As well as the camp kitchen, there is a BBQ area with free gas BBQ's. There is a store open daily that sells all the usual essentials & some camping gear. Dogs are allowed, if kept on a lead. The scenery is breathtaking! They offer walking trails, bicycle trails/hire, 4WD tours of the ranges & scenic flights (there is an air strip on site)

The weather ended up being great, so we used the CP as a base & traveled around during the day in the Navara. There was more wildlife up there this time than I've ever seen up there before! :grin:

There are budget non-en suite cabins available at the CP too, but I've got no idea how good they are.

Cheers,

Kevin.......... :)
kevin e
Boy Scout

Re: Rawnsley Park

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:15 pm

How much were the campsites Kevin, powered or not??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby kevin e » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:54 am

$31 per night for 2 adults on a powered site. They have un-powered too, but no idea on price sorry.
kevin e
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks Kevin
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to South Australia