Kirton Point - Port Lincoln SA

Kirton Point - Port Lincoln SA

Postby jollyroger » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:43 pm

Just got back after a week in Port Lincoln. Spent the whole time at the Kirton Point Caravan Park with two Camper Trailers. The location of the park is ideal. But unfortunately that's where it ends. It's a huge park with a lot of tiny sites. Not one of these sites are flat either. The park was full of travellers across the country - more from Victoria and QLD.
Just strolling and chatting to people we had a concensus from everyone that it was very expensive for just a good view and access to Boston Harbour. The 2 toilets/shower blocks were excellent BUT having to use a code to get in gave me the irrits when in an emergency dash for the can.
The fishing was excellent and we caught way more than we needed. The kids loved as even they could catch something.
All in all I would give it a 4 out of ten. Attention to detail has been lost and the grounds have been let go a little. I'm not talking about water!
It's nothing a Bobcat and laser level couldn't fix. Lose some sites and make them bigger. The numbering system for the sites required a family member to enrolled in Mensa! Go to Port Lincoln it is beautiful! But not to Kirton Point Caravan Park.

JR :shock:
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Return to South Australia