TAS - Port Arthur Caravan & Cabin Park

TAS - Port Arthur Caravan & Cabin Park

Postby MrsEmbi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Another one night stop but I really loved this park for the campsites and the general layout. We stayed in the unpowered sites which were huge, grassy and all had their own fireplace. When I say huge I mean huge, we had our camper, another families 4 person tent and two vehicles on the site and still had heaps of room.

Great communal kitchen here it too was huge with about 10 kitchen sinks and lots of space to sit inside and eat if the weather wasn’t good. There were also large undercover areas with seating fiieplaces & BBQ’s. Good laundry with fantastic commercial clothes dryers.

Only drawback here is that you need 20c coins for the showers and it felt like the toilet blocks were designed for midgets. We wondered if it had been originally built as a school camp because the benches were unusually low.

Over the other side of the camp to where we stayed they had ensuite sites which looked great.

Office staff were very helpful and friendly. From this park you can walk into the Port Arthur historic site or down to the beach.

Point to note here is that although you can have fires they only sell firewood at the woodshed for 15 mins each day (I think opened around 4.30ish, we stumbled across it by accident) so you might want to ask when checking in.
MrsEmbi

Return to Tasmania