Gas Bottle Safety Alert

Bulletins, notices or alerts can be posted here. If it is specific to a region or community be sure to put the location n your heading (we will organise it by region if this sections grows).

Gas Bottle Safety Alert

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:19 am

Thought this may be of some interest to forum members.

http://www.dme.qld.gov.au/zone_files/pe ... ert030.pdf
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Kramer » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:23 am

Cheers, I need a new bottle too I will make sure it is tightened properly.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Komodo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:12 pm

Ahh yes and we continue to allow cheap inferiour product in to this country from china...

Done suppose any of you say the article in the herald sun where they had to scrap all the citylimits and toll gantry signage steel on the eastlink project - steel that was all imported from china...

I'm just as guilty as the next when it come to buying chinese items - but there needs to be FAR stricter regulations regarding the safety of imported goods - particularly from china.
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:17 pm

There seems to be real problems with quality control of late. The kids toys that turned into GBH for example.

If importers haven't got quality control measures in place there may be a need for some extra regulation to ensure product safety. :?:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:11 am

Blue Bravo wrote:If importers haven't got quality control measures in place there may be a need for some extra regulation to ensure product safety. :?:

What we need and what we get maybe two different issues which is rather unfortunate. Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:05 pm

As my wise Dad has always told me.... You get what you pay for.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:10 pm

Mullie Grub Clan wrote:.... You get what you pay for.
Cheers, Chick

I personally don't believe that to always be the case but is sure applies in most situations. Cheers Gypsy....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Mick_n_Sal » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:57 pm

People are also reminded that if you use the "Swap & Go" stations you could be provided with anything.

M+S
Mick_n_Sal

Re: Gas Bottle Safety Alert

Postby Woodsy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:37 pm

When i was buying a gas bottle i had Two options... Buy a Swap and Go one... already full.. which means paying a initial fee to use them plus the fee for the bottle of gas... or buying a bottle outright... I chose to buy a bottle outright because that way i know its mine... i don't have the hassle of finding somewhere near the campsite to swap it... and really... the only thing it saves you is 5 minutes time from getting your own bottled re filled.. Thats 5 minutes of good chin waggin time finding where the best fishing spot is from one of the locals re filling it.. and there is always the risk of a swap and go bottle being faulty... afterall you know know what sort of a life it has had...

Josh
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: Gas Bottle Safety Alert

Postby will_deness » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:26 pm

TUFF wrote:When i was buying a gas bottle i had Two options... Buy a Swap and Go one... already full.. which means paying a initial fee to use them plus the fee for the bottle of gas... or buying a bottle outright... I chose to buy a bottle outright because that way i know its mine... i don't have the hassle of finding somewhere near the campsite to swap it... and really... the only thing it saves you is 5 minutes time from getting your own bottled re filled.. Thats 5 minutes of good chin waggin time finding where the best fishing spot is from one of the locals re filling it.. and there is always the risk of a swap and go bottle being faulty... afterall you know know what sort of a life it has had...

Josh

Unless of course your bottle is nearly out of test, then it's swap n go
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Bulletins, Notice or Alerts