My name is Irena and I work for the Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government.
Last Monday, we launched the myregion National Photographic Competition, inviting Australians to submit ‘Images of Australia’ taken over the past year that showcase the people, places, wildlife, landscapes and nature that make their communities unique.
We’d like to encourage participants in this forum to consider entering the competition at http://myregion.strutta.com
Here’s some more information about the competition:
• The National Photographic Competition is being run by the Department of Regional Australia, Regional Development and Local Government (www.regional.gov.au
• The competition launched on 30 May 2011 and closes on 26 June 2011.
• Entries are invited in five categories – people, places, wildlife, landscapes and nature.
• The competition will be judged by,
Australian award-winning photographer Steve Parish OAM
Australian actor Deborah Mailman
ABC TV’s Art Nation host Fenella Kernebone
Photo Review managing editor Don Norris.
• There will also be a peoples’ choice winner decided by popular vote.
• Competition winners are eligible for prizes including vouchers for photographic equipment, magazine subscriptions and photographic software. One student winner will be invited to join Steve Parish on a photo workshop.
• Winning entries will be exhibited at the National Film and Sound Archive in Canberra in July and selected images will also feature in Steve Parish Publishing’s product range, and a Photo Review editorial spread.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
, follow us at @myregiongovau or visit the competition website.