Getting into you CT bed ?

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Getting into you CT bed ?

Postby mr_grumble » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:48 pm

Hey guys, just wondering what the general population use to get up into your CT bed ?
At the moment we have nothing and it's a bloody big step up, there's got to be an easier way.
I've seen alluminium steps but where do you store those when not in use ?
Any sugestions
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi

See the pic below. Mine clips on the edge of the bed and has a folding arm that rests against the tyre. When not in use it goes in the toolbox on the front of the CT.

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Troyk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:28 pm

Yeah the ladder on ours can only be stored in the CT. Another problem is that can be unstable on unstable ground.

I have seen some models where the ladder is attached to the side and folds out when needed. Another thing I have seen is fixed steps with pockets in the side poly to keep it sealed.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Jason01 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:14 pm

After looking in every hardware shop I came accross, I finaly found a light and cost efficiant step ladder. I then cut the bottom rung off to suit the right hight for my camper and added hooks on hinges so that when its folded the hooks store with in the ladder and I put the ladder on the tarp over the bed before closing the camper up. (I have a hard top camper trailer). I havent had a problem with uneven ground as the hooks keep it pritty stable and you can use the ladder as a normal step ladder to get up to things.
If this didnt make sense let me know and I'll post a pic

Jason
Always remember that your not the last person to visit, be a responsible camper to insure future generations get to see.
Jason01

Postby mr_grumble » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:15 am

Pics would be great.

I have a ladder in mind, I seen one at a recent camp show that locates via a pin to the bed base frame and the base of the ladder rests against the wheel, much the same as Dereks arrangement.

Thought about making one but as I've only access to an arc welder at the moment, it would have to be made from steel :( bit too heavy duty for whats needed.

So I too thought of modifying a alloy step ladder, just haven't found one suitable yet.

What type of ladder did you buy ?
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:37 am

We use the ice box!

It keeps the ice box in shade and is a safe way to climb up onto the CT bed. Also, no need to have to pack a step ladder every time we go away.

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby mr_grumble » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:57 am

Geez, I'd better start thinking of some heavy duty re-inforcement ideas if I'm going down that path, could end up swimming with the beers first thing in the morning. :roll:

Then again, on a warm summers morning, rolling out a bed into the fully stocked esky could just be the best idea ever thoght of :beer

Your a bloody genius Scolers :armsup :armsup
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:23 am

It's good too when 'hiding' the fact you are after a beer and you just rumage in the CT a little and then sneakily grab a stubbie ... and once it's opened well ... it MUST be drunk!

:beer

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Jason01 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:32 am

Heading up to bathurst tommorow morning so I'll get some photos while up there as the CT is all packed. I'll post pics and info when I get back next week.

Jason
Always remember that your not the last person to visit, be a responsible camper to insure future generations get to see.
Jason01

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:36 am

mr_grumble wrote:Pics would be great.

I have a ladder in mind, I seen one at a recent camp show that locates via a pin to the bed base frame and the base of the ladder rests against the wheel, much the same as Dereks arrangement.

Thought about making one but as I've only access to an arc welder at the moment, it would have to be made from steel :( bit too heavy duty for whats needed.

So I too thought of modifying a alloy step ladder, just haven't found one suitable yet.

What type of ladder did you buy ?

That's exactly what mine does. Two pins on top and a section that rests on the wheel. Heading off in the morning to Bateman's Bay so will take a pic or two to show you.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Return to Camper Trailers