Show us your campertrailer/van

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Re: Show us your campertrailer/van

Postby cdboi84 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Thanks gypsylady...

Jayco built hard floor flip over campers since the early nineties but stopped production in 1998.

It's a great little camper but just gotta find the time to use it. :)
cdboi84

Postby Malcur » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 pm

What make is your camper, i notice you have the walkway, that was Ray Clarkes design for Redback Campers, there are a few camper makers now using his design.

That second pic is Burraga Dam?

Good colour choice

Right on both counts Baz. The trailer is from Ray Clarke, and yes, it's Burraga Dam, a great spot we spent Australia Day 2008 there. Have been thinking of going back but haven't got round to it so far.

The tray area for your extra tarps sounds like a great idea as we are always moving the extras around when packing and unpacking. Is it water proof and is it possible to post a couple of pics showing its location and size.
Mal,

The tray area for your extra tarps sounds like a great idea as we are always moving the extras around when packing and unpacking. Is it water proof and is it possible to post a couple of pics showing its location and size.

I decided on the tray area after travelling the SA outback for a month, mostly one-night stands, and having to remove the extra canvas from the top of the trailer every night before setting up, then put it back next morning nearly drove me nuts. Now the tray means I don't have to touch the canvas unless I want to put up the full annex with walls. Here is a pic of the tray, sorry about the photo, it's the best I have.

I have recently added a pole carrier, seen here:

Mal

Sorry

Mal
Camper Trailer owner!!
Malcur
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 am

Love the tray idea - I put the mountains of extra canvas walls etc in the back of the station wagon as I'm setting up, and there they stay until it's time to go home. They're a darned nuisance when you don't need them.

I presume the tray is on some type of runner system? Also, what depth is the tray, and does it impact terribly much on your storage space?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Malcur » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 am

Amanda, the tray can be pulled out, it is just plywood (12mm I think). I can get to all the canvas easily enough without having to pull out the tray. As noted earlier, we have a walkway at the front of the trailer, and some drawers behind that, so the storage under the bed is only about 1.5m. Just enough room for 5 plastic boxes (you can see them in the photo). The boxes ($10 from Bunnings) are on wheels and slide in & out quite easily (I have fitted marine carpet to bottom of trailer). When in position they fit snugly enough so they don't move around. The tray fits just above the boxes, so it was unused area anyway.

Mal
Camper Trailer owner!!
Malcur
Captain Camping

Postby will_deness » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:20 am

I have exactly the same camper cdboi84. Although I was under the impression that jayco rebadged these campers that were made by cub.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cdboi84 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi will_deness,

No Jayco did make them, not CUB. Their a great little camper trailer and very comfortable.

Do you have any pix of yours you can post?
cdboi84

Postby will_deness » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:14 pm

cdboi84 wrote:Hi will_deness,

No Jayco did make them, not CUB. Their a great little camper trailer and very comfortable.

Do you have any pix of yours you can post?

I am in the process of upgrading PC so I will post in a while( when I find the disc :( )
I have a friend who has a cub and except for the fibreglass outside colours, the units are identical. Either cub made the flipper or jayco made some cubs!
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby cdboi84 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:49 pm

I know Jayco made them because i work for them :)
cdboi84

Postby sienna » Wed May 05, 2010 10:26 am

Finally got some decent photos of my short setup. For my long setup at christmas when I was camping for 3 wks, I used more poles in case of storms, and I used the annexe roof (it has no walls and it just a long piece of canvas) as a long wall starting around the back of the kitchen and ending at the tall middle pole of the big tarp. Quite handy for shade and to keep out the rain. Don't really have a decent shot of that.

My next addition is some pole carriers because I am tired of trying to organise the poles while packing up quickly. I'd also like some sort of box on the front draw bar for the floor mats I use. They are often dirty and they take up too much space inside the trailer. I reckon these two things will cut down my pack up time, which is still too long.

Definitley get some sort of tropical sunroof or big tarp. It really does cool down your camp and also protects against droppings and rain etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Sienna your setup looks great!!! :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Fri May 07, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks, xmasbaby.
I'm so glad I changed over to a ct. Having everything at my fingertips is wonderful. With everything always with me, I just choose how much stuff to unpack for the length of time I am staying. If I need something else, I get my almost 4yo to climb into the trailer and get it for me. He thinks it's great.

Actually, when we were at Caloundra for easter, he got all upset. I asked him why. He said he wanted to go to Our Beach, Tallebudgera. Oh dear. He has been to Talle so often that he thinks it's his beach and that's where we always go camping. Anyway I convinced him Caloundra would be good cos we'd go for a walk and find the beach and some swings. Well the swings won him over. Unfortunately we didn't find the swings that day but we had a lovely time on the beach and then wandered to the shops on the main street for lunch.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:27 am

Kids are so cute!!!! :+

The CTs are the best thing we have ever bought(no we don't have two but have upgraded to a new one recently that is a bit bigger with more "stuff"), i reckon it's better than my hubby's little fishing boat but he would never say that!!!!! :$

I like having everything all packed up ready just got to put food in and drive off, we even sleep better in the CT than in our bed at home!!!! Weird hey. Although I have it packed most of the year for bush camping. If we go to a powered site or a longer break(usually at Xmas or Oct for a week) I just chuck the plastic storage box I keep in the shed that has all our electrical stuff in it like kettle,toaster,leads etc in and off we go. :?#

Our youngest daughter loves to do the same thing when I need something I have packed up the back of the trailer and need to get it out, she climbs in there and she is now 12!!!! hehehe :lol:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Previous

Return to Camper Trailers