Liberty camper trailers

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Liberty camper trailers

Postby markcrook » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Hi, :hello:

I am in the market for an off-road camper trailer just to get us started, I have read around a lot and know all the things I shoud have, like brakes, tregg hitch etc

But my budget is tight :( so was looking at the 12' Liberty all-terrain http://www.libertycampers.com.au/off-ro ... railer.php

We do have a tent and camping gear so would use most of that and our off roading would tend to be limited, no serious bush for us (yet). Would the liberty be a good starting point?

If money was no object then I would consider one of these
http://www.campritecampers.com.au/ but I may have $6000 max at the moment.

We are going to look at the Perth caravan and camping show in a couple of weeks.

If the liberty is a waste of money what would you recomend for $6000 - I live in Perth

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: Liberty camper trailers

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:03 pm

That is a huge ask when we have no idea of your personal requirements Mark, a bit like how long is a piece of string.

My recommendation is...go to the camping show and have a look about. Also have a look at some pre loved campers as you will probably buy one already set up with a number of extras for the same cost as the new one.

Try this site http://www.campertrailers.org/

Lots of valuable info here.

Cheers.....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby markcrook » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks for that, i'll add a bit more info about us...

There are 4 of us (2 adults & 2 kids), we have been using a tent for camping for years, so have all the gear and a trailer to carry it in.

We live near Perth tend to head down south to Bunbury, Bussleton and Margaret River for weekends/long weekends and mainly use caravan parks. We try to get away camping 1 weekend in 4. We are heading up to Kalbarri for 10 nights in April.

The tow car is a petrol Jeep Cherokee - so want something we can go soft-roading with and maybe have a go at going bush for a night or two occasionaly.

Just wanted to get a feel for what folk think about the liberty as I we can only afford $6000 max, we would go 2nd hand but it would have to be in good nick and not require any work and also in the perth area.

Mark
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Again Mark I recommend that you have a look at this site http://www.campertrailers.org/

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby markcrook » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

We are going to have a look at the Perth Camping and caravan show this weekend, see what is out there locally (and what we can get for our money). I still like the look (and I admit the price of the liberty).

But fingers crossed for a show special!
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby pander » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:02 pm

Mark have you considered the option of hiring a camper instead of buying. This would enable you then to perhaps hire a better standard camper than spending less money to get something that you might not be so happy with later on. Might I suggest Rick Irvine at Campers on the Run at Canning Vale as a start point (www.campersontherun.com.au). Good luck.
pander

Return to Camper Trailers