World Runners need Back Up Assistance

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

World Runners need Back Up Assistance

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:38 pm

Dear All,

From the end of October this year to the middle of February, Jesper Olsen and Alexander Karatkov will be attempting to run from Sydney to Perth (via Canberra, Melbourne, Colac and Adelaide).

They left London January 1st this year and have so far covered over 10,000km. The Run can be viewed at http://www.worldrun.org. They are very self sufficient but there will be times during the Australian journey when they should have vehicular/van back up.

Is there anyone in the Caravaning/4wd/motorhome community that that would be willing to follow them for part or all of the journey across Australia? It will involve some long days, but it will be to fill a safety role and give them water and food when necessary each day. Of a night time the Guys are very self sufficient, have their own cooking facilities and tents, so they wont be imposing on your caravan/motorhome/4wd after hours.

There doing this Run on a very limited budget, so there wouldnt be much or any financial reward offerred, but if your looking for a trip with a differrence and willing to act as a guide for a couple of foreign tourists with a difference, this could be the one for you.

If anyone is interested for more information, please reply to this message, email me at ultraoz@iprimus.com.au or phone me on 04078 30263.

Thanks heaps.

Phil Essam
Site Admin

Camping trip across the Nullabor

Postby ultraoz » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:44 pm

Work available
If your travelling to Perth shortly, have plenty of time and a car, then this is the Job for you.

Im looking for a crew person to help crew for Jesper Olsen in his run across Australia. (http://www.worldrun.org) He will be hitting the Nullabor on the 29th of Dec and is looking for a crew ot help get him across the Desert. Jesper will pay all expenses for the duration of the journey (which is approximately a month across the worst stretch of the Nullabor)

The job doesnt involve much, keep him armed with water, help with meal prep of a night time , keep him company and help keep him safe.

Interested, please email me at ultraoz@iprimus.com.au or phone me on 0407830263.

CHANCE OF A LIFETIME
Phil Essam
04078 30263
ultraoz@iprimus.com.au
ultraoz

Return to Camper Trailers