Help

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Help

Postby Ann R » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm

We have recently bought a camper trailer and it needs a good clean. A friend has given us some birkmyres mould removal but the label is missing and we dont know how much to use. :?
Any help would be much appreciated :)
Ann R

Re: Help

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi again Ann.

But sorry I cant help you there. But I would be VERY careful on what you use on the canvas.

What brand is the camper?

Ours is a Customline and they have a guide on their website blogspot on how to get mould off the canvas.

http://customlinecampertrailers.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

I have had mould on ours and just put it up in the sun and used a soft broom and wet cloth and it did the trick, but it wasn't there for long so if its been mouldy for a while it may be harder to remove. Just be really careful with what you use on the canvas as it can ruin the water proofing of the canvas.

Maybe even ringing the company that originally made the camper to see what they recommend.

Let us know how you get on Ann.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Help

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am

I haven`t a camper but a canvas tent, i only ever used pure sunlight soap, I would not risk using any bleach/mould products they will eat your canvas.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camper Trailers