WA Camping - Leeman/Dongara/Jurien

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

WA Camping - Leeman/Dongara/Jurien

Postby markoborne » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 am

I'm going camping with my girlfriend in April 07 somewhere north of Perth for 6 days (so we don't want to go so far) and I can't decide where to stay.

We want somewhere quiet but still have good facilities and near the beach or a fishing spot.

I was wondering if anyone knows what Leeman Caravan Park is like and how it compares to Dongara Seaspray Caravan Park. Leeman seems nice and quiet but I'm just concerned about the facilites there.

Any opinions advise or other recommended destinations would be great.

Thanks,
Mark
markoborne

Postby Scolers » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:53 am

FAcilities at Leeman are just as good as Dongara. Infact, I'd persoanlly go for Leeman for the reasons you mentioned (small town, quiet etc).

Prices at Leeman are $21/ night (that's offpeak so not sure when you are going). Also, the bbq is free and is a very clean are. The guy who runs it is a nice bloke (big bugga tho'!) and he doesn't put up with trouble makers so you know that youi shouldn't be hassled while your there.

Good luck!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby watery » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Scolers wrote:FAcilities at Leeman are just as good as Dongara. Infact, I'd persoanlly go for Leeman for the reasons you mentioned (small town, quiet etc).

Prices at Leeman are $21/ night (that's offpeak so not sure when you are going). Also, the bbq is free and is a very clean are. The guy who runs it is a nice bloke (big bugga tho'!) and he doesn't put up with trouble makers so you know that youi shouldn't be hassled while your there.

Good luck!

Scol.
I would not recomend the Jurien Caravan Park because of the unpleasant nature of the management.
watery

Return to Camping Tips and Locations