Hill End - NSW

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Hill End - NSW

Postby mllbrown » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:49 pm

I am looking to take my three kids and my mother (don't ask). My Wife gets to stay home by herself for a week so i want the kids to come back and tell her what a wonderful time they had.

Anyone know Hill End well, or even a little bit and can give me suggestions?
mllbrown

Postby RichardLOZ » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:45 pm

Sounds like you're up for a fun trip, but if you do Hill End its a great trip. Close to Mudgee (go to the cellar door winery - the one which looks like a bee hive and sells honey as it has the greatest Muscat, perfect for round the camp fire of an evening)

You also have Munghorn Gap quite close which is great for bird watching. There are a couple of camp grounds there, and the one a little out of town is far better than the one in town. Stay on the Hill there somewhere as if you stay on the flat part in the middle you are likely to get lots of fog and frost.

Some great stuff to see just walking around the town and you should also do the gold mine tour which is very good and also cheap.

If you have a 4 x 4 Dixons Long Point rd is a good trip as is the Bridle Track.

Enjoy :)
RichardLOZ

Postby mllbrown » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:14 pm

Thanks for the tips, I will try to all. Perhaps slightly longer at the winery though.
mllbrown

Return to Camping Tips and Locations