Tarp or Screen house?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Postby clackerz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:13 pm

Komodo@home wrote:Clackers - how did you find the staff at grangers?

I've been to all three store and I know at least on 2 occasions ive been served by the owner (whos name escapes me). I've found their service and general knowledge appalling at best.

I've had the same exp. in the past, but I was passing by and thought we'd go in for a wander.
But pretty much got the same thing when I was asking about the sunrooms and then of course the required tent poles to set it up.
I decided in the end to take the sunroom and go to rays or anaconda to get the help/poles etc there.
There's water at the bottom of the ocean!
clackerz
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:51 pm

clackerz wrote:
Ozzycamperboy wrote:
clackerz wrote:I was at Granger's today and they were selling canvas sunrooms for $15.00 (were $275.00) - much like the ones used with the canvas tents. It was on an as is basis. The guys there said they didn't know exact measurements, overall condidtion etc. I opened one out and all checked out OK - no holes, no fungas or water stains, the fly's had no holes and the eyelets and seams were all in great condition. They've had them for a while in their warehouse and are looking to clear them. So I bought one in anticipation of setting it up as an extra room either from my tent or a separate screenhouse for a kitchen/eating area.
It doesnt come with the poles, or roof, but I thought if I buy the poles and a tarp it should be OK, and the overall cost won't be too bad.

$15, or $150? ::()

Yep $15

nice 8)
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby bugsssy » Sat May 26, 2007 12:27 pm

We have both set up for when we go away.

Works well as i can free up space in the tent and we still have a kitchen set up in the screen house, an oz trail screen house with screen and closable doors great for when it rains you can close it all up and not worry about a kitchen full of water. Then we still have under the tarp to sit under in wet conditions
bugsssy
Captain Camping

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations