Booloumba Creek camp ground help

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Booloumba Creek camp ground help

Postby skip » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:39 pm

hello i was wondering if anyones campe at Booloumba creek iam wanting to go there so if anyones been there please tell me what you thought of the place. thanks
skip
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:48 pm

Skip,

At Booloumba Creek there are three camping areas. Areas 1 and 3 have set sites, constrained by bollards, each with a car park. Most sites are not real big and probalby would not take much more than a 6 man dome tent. In saying that the sites are well shaded and are close to the creek making it a good site during summer. There is some space with trees and bushes between sites. Because of the size of the sites not the best area if you have kids and there is no real open area.

Area 4 is a more open site if you need more room and attracts less people.

Area 1 has showers (can't remember but probalby require 20c per min to operate), otherwise all 3 sites have toilets and they provide firewood (last time I was there was Jan 2006, and have heard they are no longer supplying). You can book individual sites for Areas 1 and 3 on the EPA website.

To get to the sites there a couple of creek crossings along the dirt road( 4 all up I think), though they can be traversed with a 2WD.

Overall we find it quite a nice place to get away for a few days.

A bit further up the road (maleny-Kenilworth)from Booloumba Creek is the turn off to Charlie Moreland, about 5km along, which is an open site but is shaded, has toilets, no showers, provides firewood (at Jan 2006) close to the creek and better if you have kids. Can be noiser.Its our preferred site with the kids and the camper trailer. Also has an area for horses. During busy times they have an overflow area.
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Troyk » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:38 pm

Following up with a photo of Booloumba Creek Area No1 showing the layout of the sites, particularly the individual pads. These sites are close to the top. The sites closer to the creek are more shaded and a little closer together.

The photo was taken Feb 2004 when things were a little greener.

Troyk

Postby skip » Tue May 01, 2007 9:49 pm

thanks for the info could you tell me bout the toilets and showers are the toilets the dirty drop ones? do they have bush walks?
skip
Captain Camping

Postby Troyk » Tue May 01, 2007 10:13 pm

There are two sets of toilets at Area 1, at least one is the composting type with the drop shaft (which my wife hates) and I think the other is the tradtional style with septic.

https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gds/IAGDS041.jsp?ActivityAreaId=75

Details of walks at Kenilworth.

https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gds/IAGDS140.jsp

The Mt Allan track links Booloumba Creek with Charlie Moreland and has a fire tower with views, but don't know if it is still open after they closed the Jimna Tower.
Troyk

Return to Camping Tips and Locations