Camping around near Brisbane

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping around near Brisbane

Postby Mieca » Thu May 26, 2005 10:53 am

Does anyone know of any camping places close to Brisbane that allow small dogs on a beach or river. We would prefer not to be at a caravan park.
Mieca

Postby andymancandy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:31 am

rainbow beach is an awesome camping spot and they allow dogs it takes about 2 and a half hours to drive there
andymancandy

Directory of parks

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:21 pm

The parks directory actually works quite well when you get the hang of it. Pick your region, drill down on the map, select the features you want (select dogs if it is a must have) and search. Joy promises to have all the parks updated before this summer January (don't you Joy :D). Happy to have your feedback on the directory on the camping homepage, any ways of improving it etc.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby garden_worm » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:20 pm

Well this site is a little quiet anyone know of any more active places fopr camping

pdok@hdc.net.au

garden_worm
meet lots of travelers to share the experiences and good times ......some pic's on the way

send me some messages soon ay
garden_worm
Boy Scout

forum

Postby Joy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:05 pm

Hi garden-worm,

Yes it is pretty quiet but give it a little time we unfortunately had some tech problems with the forum and closed it down for about 6 months so lost everyone. But they'll be back I am sure. The key is keeping it interesting and give it a little time.
Joy
Joy
Site Admin

brisbane camping

Postby The Avery's » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:59 am

Neurum creek is great only about an hour north of brisbane http://www.ncbr.com.au
The Avery's

Nearer Brisbane

Postby danraymond » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:07 am

Anyone camped in Brisbane Forest Park at all. I am just getting back into solo camping after many many years so looking for a place close to home to test the new tent, bag, trangia etc.

By the way glad I found this place. Great work.

Dan
danraymond

Postby stepka » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:48 am

Neurum creek is great only about an hour north of brisbane http://www.ncbr.com.au
Thanks for the link--I checked it out, and it looks like that will be our first stop after we get out of town.

We're getting excited now--we have our flight booked into Brisbane and will arrive on Oct. 19. If you all have any more must-sees, let us know. We plan to head north first to beat (we hope) the rainy season, and will be mostly camping along the way.
stepka
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations