Murray Bridge

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Murray Bridge

Postby Derek Bullock » Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm

Hi everyone

Looking for some quick replies to this.

I have a few days spare and am looking to drive from Wagga Wagga in NSW to Murray Bridge in South Aussie and back. I have three days.

The trip will take in the following towns to give you some idea of the route I will be taking:

NSW
Wagga Wagga
Hay
Tooleybuc

Victoria
Piangil
Ouyen

South Aussie
Tallem Bend
Monteith
Long Flat
Murray Bridge

Plan is to drive straight through to Murray Bridge from here. Roughly nine and a half hours. Spend the day around Murray Bridge and surrounds on Saturday and drive back Sunday. Want to have a look at the mouth of the mighty Murray before it silts up totally. May even slip into Adelaide.

Looking for a little advice as to what would be interesting to look at along the way. Will have a last check here about 9:30 tonight as I will be on the road early tomorrow.

Cheers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu May 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Gee that's some driving. However the river is always worth a look. The mouth is still a fair way down near Goolwa or on the other side out from the Coorong. From Goolwa its a short hop to Victor Harbour which puts you on the Fleurieu Peninsula. Its not a long drive into the Adelaide Hills. Hahdorf is always worth a look.

Safe driving :grin:
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Derek Bullock » Sun May 27, 2007 8:07 pm

I'm back. Was a great trip with just over 2500klm. Went to Adelaide on the first day, down to Apollo Bay the second and home the third. Saw flocks of emus up to 100 along the malle areas, wedge tailed eagles and beautiful parrots galor. I loved the Coorong area, all that water. Great Ocean Road is also not to be missed although I did run out of daylight as I just had to stop at every lookout along the way. Would have loved to have seen the fur seal colony and Portlond. In all reality though to see all of that properly should take a month or more.

Next time maybe. Oh yeah, just love that ring road around Melbourne.

Derek

DAY ONE

DAY TWO

DAY THREE

Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Blue Bravo » Sun May 27, 2007 10:23 pm

Boy you must love driving. It took me 2 weeks to do GOR -Coorong-Adelaide and home via Murray Valley (but then I am a grey nomad in training) :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mummeee74 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:51 pm

That's a huge trip derek, i am impressed you had time to stop anywhere and see any wildlife at all. Wow!
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Komodo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Looks like a good trip derek!

and I agree Western Ring road ROCKS.
Especially to get to Kels place (Watsonia)
Cant wait for EastLink!
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Camping Tips and Locations