Camping near Tumut

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Camping near Tumut

Postby geekcampgirl » Tue May 29, 2007 5:30 pm

We're hoping to go camping on the long weekend and were thinking about somewhere near Tumut. We got the maps out and there looks like a reasonable place at the track head on the Goobagandra (sp?) River.
Anyone with any experience or ideas?
We don't care about the weather. We are self sufficient and can cope with all weathers
geekcampgirl
Camping King

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:33 pm

How did this trip go? Where'd you'se stay? I'm heading off somewhere there next week and not too sure where exactly I'm going :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby aggysaunt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi,

It was June, and despite me saying that the weather would not me, it did. We had very cold nights and it took a long time to thaw out from the frosty nights.

We were disappointed with the walking as well. North along the H&H track was straight up, and while pleasant enough, it was an out and back walk and I prefer to do a loop if I could.

Heading south along the track starts well with the swing bridge, but hten heads through paddocks with dire warnings about what will happen if you stray off the track into the private property.

We ended up drivng around (with limited maps) and found our way to Micalong Swamp and that was a beautiful area where you could camp in lovely forests.

But having said that, a friend of mine was telling me about where he took his family at this time last year and how they had a ball with the kids playing in the river and BBQs and lots of fun - and it turned out it was the same place!!

So I guess the 'take home message' is you get what you are looking for.
aggysaunt

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks for the info
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby Paul100 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:29 am

If you would like a quite out of the way spot to wet a line instead of going to the bigger dams , Paddy's River Dam is a nice little stop over in the bush between Batlow & Tumbarumba .
Also check out Buddong Falls & Hut .
Landcruiser 100TD [With the works]
Comftable ... Capable ... Powerfull ... Reliable
Paul100
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations